debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(03-29-2020, 11:34 AM)fpb4 Wrote: Boots, stands by a perfectly visible lock screen, unlock, diplays phosh GUI for a couple seconds and dims to a dark screen
Slowly "dims" ?
What's the content of /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c2b000.i2c/i2c-1/1-0048/iio:device1/in_proximity_raw ?
And what happens if you delete file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-proximity.rules ?
I haven't updated for about a week but this might be relevant:: if you place your hand over the top of the phone, it slowly dims to black (unresponsive to keyboard/touch while it's happening) until you remove your hand. Overzealous light sensor setup?
(03-29-2020, 12:38 PM)nas Wrote: I haven't updated for about a week but this might be relevant:: if you place your hand over the top of the phone, it slowly dims to black (unresponsive to keyboard/touch while it's happening) until you remove your hand. Overzealous light sensor setup?

Interesting, I´ll try to reproduce later. If the lightsensor already is working and makes the touchscreen unresponsive,  then making it active only during calls should not be far away.
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(03-29-2020, 12:15 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 11:34 AM)fpb4 Wrote: Boots, stands by a perfectly visible lock screen, unlock, diplays phosh GUI for a couple seconds and dims to a dark screen
Slowly "dims" ?
What's the content of /sys/devices/platform/soc/1c2b000.i2c/i2c-1/1-0048/iio:device1/in_proximity_raw ?
And what happens if you delete file /etc/udev/rules.d/10-proximity.rules ?

Removing the udev rule did the trick - cheers!
Couldn't get in_proximity_raw initial value, but once booted without the rule it's set to 2443.
(03-28-2020, 10:52 AM)buffer Wrote: dd should work just as good as etcher.

Has anyone tried earbuds with the built-in microphone? That's all I have, I don't have a headset and I was wondering if it works on images:

1) pre-March 22
2) March 22 or later

Waiting for Monday so I can try a usable image.

BTW I think @bcnaz seems to imply he's been running apt update, I'm installing image from dd every single time.

Nope :  where did you read that ?

Fresh Download & install with each 'new release'   or  re-Flash/& reinstall if I Bork the OS... 
  ( I am using Balena Etcher exclusively)

>  I did have a problem when I "attempted" to do the update recently. <
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Quick overview of Sunday March 29, 2020 release :

So phone calls out and receives calls,  very good audio, enough volume even for me.
       (My hearing is not great)
 Sending and receiving text messages.

I have not tested the contact book on this release yet,   ( I will be trying that shortly )

The wifi works "out of the box"

The addition of Firefox ESR is a nice step,  it could use a little fine tuning on the scaling.

My data is still not working, but I suspect I have a sim card problem there,  still waiting on the new replacement one
   being shipped by AT&T....

I ran the the update(s) as notified by 'Software'  that went smooth.

** >  SURPRISE  the speaker phone function is working !  Nice,  but,  that could use a bit more volume there.

Thank You for all your efforts  !!!
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
  Aww,

Contact book appears to be non-functioning  ?
tried un-installing and reinstalling,  no difference..?

Edit :
Soo, I can recieve text and reply to text messages, BUT I cannot use the contact book..!

There for I cannot label who they are from, just the phone number appears...

I CANNOT originate any texts !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Yup love how this is developing, but I still think there is a bug in connecting Nextcloud accounts. I went back to debian-pinephone-20200309.img.gz  Once I had set up the account, when I go to contacts I am given the option to use the Nextcloud account and when I go to the Calendar the Nextcloud Calendars are already there,

J
Yes I can confirm the same. Nextcloud contacts are not present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@a-wai and everyone else, I kinda figure out how to have Firefox emulate mobile mode. Hamburger menu -> developer tools -> responsive design mode:

From here, the first drop-down on the left -> iPhone 6/7/8 Plus.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,452 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,911 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,361 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,249 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,059 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion