debian+phosh running on PinePhone
Was it a "real" reboot (using the "reboot" command) or a power cycle (power off then on) ?
Just an illustration of what happens. I can still ssh into the phone and if I'm in the UI when it freezes then even autobrightness still works.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-24-2020, 03:23 PM)fishbowlkraken Wrote: However, for any mobile browser going forward, I think one necessary tweak would be to try and get it to demand the mobile version of most websites, as navigation can be an issue otherwise on some desktop sites.

I just found an add-on for firefox called "Mobile View Switcher". Havent tested it much, only on two sites, but it seems to work well. If the scaling issue gets fixed will be a really powerful browser for mobile, with add-ons and all.
(03-24-2020, 04:17 PM)a-wai Wrote: Was it a "real" reboot (using the "reboot" command) or a power cycle (power off then on) ?

In my testing, both times it was a sudo reboot

This morning had powered off overnight: on poweron the controller (and keyboard) are there like normal, and the keyboard connects fine and works.

Another sudo reboot and the controller vanishes.

Another poweroff (from the pull down functions) and poweron via on/off switch and it is back again.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-24-2020, 06:26 PM)Luke Wrote: Just an illustration of what happens. I can still ssh into the phone and if I'm in the UI when it freezes then even autobrightness still works.
@Luke should be fixed with the latest phoc I uploaded this morning Smile

IMPORTANT NOTE: I had an issue while upgrading through apt, if someone can't update because of libc6 complaining that "A copy of the C library was found in an unexpected directory", please execute the following command:
Code:
sudo sed -i -e 's%^/lib%/usr/lib%g' /var/lib/dpkg/info/libc6:arm64.list
(one of the many joys of dealing with debian unstable, I guess)

(03-25-2020, 02:38 AM)dukla2000 Wrote: In my testing, both times it was a sudo reboot
Right, so the driver probably doesn't power off the BT module properly when shutting down. I've heard similar reports, for now I'm afraid you'll have to avoid rebooting your phone, and always power it off fully before restarting it.
Hi there!

The new image isn't ready yet, but I wanted to keep you posted about the latest improvements (already available through apt for most of them):
- PIN-locked SIM cards are now fully supported without needing any workaround, thanks to updated phosh and NetworkManager Big Grin
- vibrator intensity have been increased, you should now "feel" notifications better (remember they're not activated by default in Chats though, but this is being worked on)
- next image will be based on Debian testing, so we (hopefully) won't have to deal with sid-related breakages anymore Wink
- next image will use Purism's version of GTK, which include a usable file selection dialog, among other things
(03-26-2020, 09:36 AM)a-wai Wrote: Hi there!

The new image isn't ready yet, but I wanted to keep you posted about the latest improvements (already available through apt for most of them):
- PIN-locked SIM cards are now fully supported without needing any workaround, thanks to updated phosh and NetworkManager Big Grin
- vibrator intensity have been increased, you should now "feel" notifications better (remember they're not activated by default in Chats though, but this is being worked on)
- next image will be based on Debian testing, so we (hopefully) won't have to deal with sid-related breakages anymore Wink
- next image will use Purism's version of GTK, which include a usable file selection dialog, among other things

Awesome work! Look forward to trying it out Big Grin
(03-26-2020, 09:36 AM)a-wai Wrote: Hi there!

Absolutely awesome (and somewhat under-rated) work so far, the switch to bullseye is eagerly awaited!
Many thanks a-wai!

Edit: looking at your commit 6fb290c7, it looks like you've already switch debootstrap to bullseye - however, although build successfully, encountering some odd behavior with (proximity sensor?) back-lighting (also present on your Mar. 22nd build, and also on Mar. 15th but only after successful boot and dist-upgrade).
Post boot, lock screen shows up (and if my memory serves me well, /sys/class/backlight/brightness set to 7) but after unlocking, screen auto dims to 2 (in both ~brightness and actual_brightness) and oddly, i cannot amend it, hence, hard to interact with phone unless openssh-server setup).
Is usb telnet possible?

Cheers!
(03-27-2020, 04:16 AM)fpb4 Wrote: Post boot, lock screen shows up (and if my memory serves me well, /sys/class/backlight/brightness set to 7) but after unlocking, screen auto dims to 2 (in both ~brightness and actual_brightness) and oddly, i cannot amend it, hence, hard to interact with phone unless openssh-server setup).
Is usb telnet possible?
Which kernel version do you have? Starting from version 5.5.0+pinephone13, even the lowest brightness levels should be usable (at least indoors).
And no, usb network is not supported yet.
hmmm.....
  Phone turned itself off while I was texting.
    Turned it back on,  now the text is working more smoothly than ever before ?  
       NOT complaining... !

(add:
  Phone choked on the last update I attempted, so I am waiting for the new image to be released, rather than try & correct that.)
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,911 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,336 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,249 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion