debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(03-11-2020, 03:53 PM)a-wai Wrote: Right, looks like feedbackd broke the upgrade process...

As a workaround, here's what you can do:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt remove feedbackd
sudo apt install task-pinephone-phosh

That should (hopefully) solve the issue Smile

Any idea when the next download will be released ?

Will that include this 'fix'   ?

THANKS  !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(03-11-2020, 03:53 PM)a-wai Wrote: Right, looks like feedbackd broke the upgrade process...

As a workaround, here's what you can do:

Code:
sudo apt update
sudo apt remove feedbackd
sudo apt install task-pinephone-phosh

That should (hopefully) solve the issue Smile

I just went through this, now stuck at splash screen on reboot.
remove feedbackd took out pinephone-phosh-phone and -extras as well.
install task-pinphone-phosh brought feedbackd back
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
I was experimenting with some plymouth boot splash themes and I made one today. The problem I have been having is that there doesn't seem to be a way to have it display over the current boot splash when the system is booting up. I have tried updating initrd with both the plymouth-set-theme command and update-initramfs, but neither seem to do the trick. I can tell that the configs are correct because it displays the splash screen correctly when I shut down the phone.

But I can't get it to show properly when booting up from off or even when rebooting? I'm kinda new to writing plymouth themes and my theme is essentially a rebranded version of the current default theme, you can see it here.

I tried to package it up because I read on the archlinux wiki that it could be overwritten in the update process, but I haven't ever made a linux package before.

Could I get some help with this?

EDIT - After checking and installing the latest updates and running sudo update-initramfs -u again, it appears to show both bootscreens. It seems to get hung up on the second one and only goes away when I try to ssh into the phone, which I can do because it is already connected to my network and then goes away and loads phosh. This still happens even after uninstalling feedbackd. Any reason why it would do this?
New image is available for those having trouble with feedbackd.

(03-11-2020, 07:51 PM)rubenr Wrote: But I can't get it to show properly when booting up from off or even when rebooting? I'm kinda new to writing plymouth themes and my theme is essentially a rebranded version of the current default theme, you can see it here.

Yes, there's a little trick to updating the initramfs: after update-initramfs, you need to issue the following command:

Code:
sudo /etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-u-boot 5.5-pinephone

It's just a temporary workaround until I fix the u-boot config, but in the meantime it should help Wink

I have no idea why it gets stuck on the splash screen, though, it should not last longer than 2min (absolute worst case, if everything goes fine it lasts less than 30s)
I don't have the build from today, but I still wanted to report that I'm currently stuck at debian splash after update / upgrade. Will flash today's img later.
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(03-12-2020, 05:02 AM)murak Wrote: I don't have the build from today, but I still wanted to report that I'm currently stuck at debian splash after update / upgrade. Will flash today's img later.

I did a hard reset twice (each time after say 5 minutes), then the third time it eventually got to the desktop without intervention.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-12-2020, 05:13 AM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 05:02 AM)murak Wrote: I don't have the build from today, but I still wanted to report that I'm currently stuck at debian splash after update / upgrade. Will flash today's img later.

I did a hard reset twice (each time after say 5 minutes), then the third time it eventually got to the desktop without intervention.

Interesting! I waited ~4min after the first reboot (initiated by the upgrade), then like 10 min on the second (initiated by me), the third one lasted about 15 seconds then I removed the battery to flash the new img Big Grin I´ll try and be more patient the next time.
EDIT: Sadly the new img does not boot for me either :/ Five reboots and lots of waiting but never past splash. Any one else?
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(03-12-2020, 07:58 AM)murak Wrote:

Interesting! I waited ~4min after the first reboot (initiated by the upgrade), then like 10 min on the second (initiated by me), the third one lasted about 15 seconds then I removed the battery to flash the new img Big Grin I´ll try and be more patient the next time.
EDIT: Sadly the new img does not boot for me either :/  Five reboots  and lots of waiting but never past splash. Any one else?

I'm having a similar problem with getting stuck at the boot splash and still being able to use ssh, but it's happening to me when I try to change the username.  I can login as root and kill a systemd process that user debian is running, then I can change the username. When I reboot, I get stuck on the splash screen.  If I change the username back to debian, then I can reboot and load the desktop.
(03-12-2020, 08:47 AM)saba Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 07:58 AM)murak Wrote:

EDIT: Sadly the new img does not boot for me either :/  Five reboots  and lots of waiting but never past splash. Any one else?

I'm having a similar problem with getting stuck at the boot splash and still being able to use ssh, but it's happening to me when I try to change the username.  I can login as root and kill a systemd process that user debian is running, then I can change the username. When I reboot, I get stuck on the splash screen.  If I change the username back to debian, then I can reboot and load the desktop.

Same here, this is my sequence:

- flashed the image
- sudo apt update
- installed iproute2 package
- installed openssh-server package
- sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
- found a System Update in Phosh's "Software", executed

... now the phone is stuck in infinite loading, I tried to leave like this all the night but no luck ?
RE : March, 12, 2020 Release :
Download went Great, I did not have to hit 'Retry' at all, and it downloaded faster than yesterday.
BUT, on first try it only turned on the indicator light.
Upon trying again I got to the booting screen with the worm that spins.
With multiple tries, I cannot get past that point.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,513 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,105 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,904 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,213 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,113 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,247 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,674 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion