debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(03-09-2020, 11:20 AM)parkerwb Wrote: I'm just having the worst luck. New 20200309 image just endlessly boots to splash screen, lights up the LED and then just does it again. Will try ./build.sh.

Does anyone have any US carriers that they can confirm SIM working with
on my first boot it was on the splash screen a long time so i turned it off and restarted.   then it booted fully
(03-09-2020, 09:54 AM)a-wai Wrote: [...]I strongly recommend that you flash the new image (20200309) instead of upgrading with apt, as you won't benefit from all the improvements otherwise (let's hope this is the last time this will be required).[...]

Excited if this is the case, going to try this out later today =)
(03-09-2020, 04:43 AM)saba Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 02:39 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: Hi,

Really liking this, the list of working/non-working is out of date I think? I was able to connect my Nextcloud account btw and even add Calendar items to the Nextcloud account. I also installed the desktop Telegram account and got it to link to my account, They both need some scaling fixes however I have no idea how to do that, keep up the great work!

J

I just installed the 20200309 image. Not sure about previous images, but with this one you can add your Telegram account in the Chat app. I've added my Telegram and XMPP accounts there.

oh, awesome! Thx, downloading now!

Really nice but can you see previous messages and groups in Chat with the Telegram account? Wow and 4G works!
I'm at work now without access to my laptop or pinephone. I haven't tried debian phosh yet. Can it send SMS? I've been playing with postmarketos lately but my main hangup there is that I can't text.

While I'm asking questions - can it create a hotspot?

My requirements for daily driver status are getting tantalisingly close!
For the first time calls works with good audio. Very nice. And ringtone also works. I am pretty happy.
(03-09-2020, 11:57 PM)rmgr Wrote: I'm at work now without access to my laptop or pinephone. I haven't tried debian phosh yet. Can it send SMS? I've been playing with postmarketos lately but my main hangup there is that I can't text.

Can confirm texting works! WiFi hotspot is an option in the menu but it is greyed out unless I am doing something wrong

No sound or notification however, can send and receive. I tried playing with sound settings, sound comes out of the speaker but not from texts
(03-09-2020, 08:16 PM)RMJ250 Wrote: Really nice but can you see previous messages and groups in Chat with the Telegram account? Wow and 4G works!
Nope, I think this is a limitation of the telegram-purple plugin (or maybe libpurple itself for that matter), you only get the messages received after you added your account.

(03-09-2020, 11:57 PM)rmgr Wrote: While I'm asking questions - can it create a hotspot?
In theory it shouldn't be really difficult to enable, I guess all the plumbing is there and it should only be a matter of installing hostapd and maybe a few other packages (haven't looked into it yet, so can't confirm for now)

(03-10-2020, 02:21 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: No sound or notification however, can send and receive. I tried playing with sound settings, sound comes out of the speaker but not from texts
You can manually enable (text) notifications for each chat by going to "Chat details", but this is far from being user-friendly, it would be useful to hack chatty to enable all notifications by default
(03-10-2020, 02:21 AM)RMJ250 Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 11:57 PM)rmgr Wrote: I'm at work now without access to my laptop or pinephone. I haven't tried debian phosh yet. Can it send SMS? I've been playing with postmarketos lately but my main hangup there is that I can't text.

Can confirm texting works! WiFi hotspot is an option in the menu but it is greyed out unless I am doing something wrong

No sound or notification however, can send and receive. I tried playing with sound settings, sound comes out of the speaker but not from texts

yes no sound on sms
(03-10-2020, 02:57 AM)a-wai Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 08:16 PM)RMJ250 Wrote: Really nice but can you see previous messages and groups in Chat with the Telegram account? Wow and 4G works!
Nope, I think this is a limitation of the telegram-purple plugin (or maybe libpurple itself for that matter), you only get the messages received after you added your account.

(03-09-2020, 11:57 PM)rmgr Wrote: While I'm asking questions - can it create a hotspot?
In theory it shouldn't be really difficult to enable, I guess all the plumbing is there and it should only be a matter of installing hostapd and maybe a few other packages (haven't looked into it yet, so can't confirm for now)

(03-10-2020, 02:21 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: No sound or notification however, can send and receive. I tried playing with sound settings, sound comes out of the speaker but not from texts
You can manually enable (text) notifications for each chat by going to "Chat details", but this is far from being user-friendly, it would be useful to hack chatty to enable all notifications by default

I used my login name and password, it says it's connected but I still cannot see any Telegram messages, did I set it up wrong?
Thank you very much for your continuous work! I´ll try it out tonight, maybe even make a call or two.

USB OTG and even attaching a USB hub as a dock is something I long for so I gently wonder if this is a feature that you, @a-wai , is considering to pursue?
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,105 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,904 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,213 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,119 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,248 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,675 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion