debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(02-26-2020, 09:57 AM)harvey186 Wrote: For reproduce, install an app like seafile or nextcloud (any app which is NOT activating the online keyboard).
Ok, so it seems it does so for any Qt-based app (tried also with deepin-calculator and kcalc), that's interesting for sure!
Digging a bit I found this related thread, which looks like this could be related to how Xwayland and squeekboard (fail to) interact.
Anyway, you could ping them and share the details of your bug, then wait for the fix...

nas Wrote:The mac address appears to change after every reboot. Found similar behaviour mentioned here but different chipset not sure if it's relevant.
That shouldn't be (at least with the latest images), can you share your dmesg log?
New release available! Smile

Version 20200226 has a few more packages and customizations (thanks to @rico for most of these), and this release includes newly-released versions of the following Purism packages:
- phosh v0.2.0
- chatty v0.1.8 (along with purple-mm-sms v0.1.2)
- squeekboard v0.1.9

I also upgraded ModemManager, which improves things a bit, but also comes with a few new bugs... If you experience issues with your modem, here are a couple workaround:
- mobile internet: if you fail to connect to Internet, go to Settings -> Mobile, then turn the "Mobile Data" switch off and on again
- text messages not showing up in "Chats": restarting ModemManager (systemctl restart ModemManager.service) should solve the issue

(02-26-2020, 02:32 PM)nas Wrote: On 20200217 at the moment but will upgrade if that's the problem.
Ok, you got an old on, try with 20200226, this should be a solved issue Wink
built and installed the latest, The led is nice. I'm building with firefox and some of the popups overflow the screen, does anybody have any ideas or pointers on how to fix that?
A lot of apps are overflow the screen. And there is no way to move the window. But I think the dev is working hard on it.
Also having DNS issues with 226 img.

"Err:1 https://deb.debian.org/debian sid InRelease
Could not resolve 'debian.map.fastly.net' Could not resolve 'deb.debian.org'"

Trying to locate the issue, but, alas, I'm just too stupid. Tried changine nameservers in the WiFi... host/name file in /etc look okay. Hmm.

Loving all the other updates though! Thanks and keep it coming! Would also contribute a very modest amount as able to any donation you may set up.
(02-26-2020, 07:27 PM)Beattie Wrote: built and installed the latest, The led is nice. I'm building with firefox and some of the popups overflow the screen, does anybody have any ideas or pointers on how to fix that?
Yes, that's the current problem with desktop apps on phones, most of them don't do well with these tiny screens. That should improve after the Pinephone and Librem5 have reached enough people, but for now the only advice I have is to be patient (or, if you have the skills, try implementing an adaptive UI for your apps of interest Wink )

(02-27-2020, 11:21 AM)parkerwb Wrote: Also having DNS issues with 226 img.
Hmmm, I may have a clue: could you try editing your mobile data connection (something like /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<APN name>.nmconnection) and change the dns-priority value to 120?

(I don't have a SIM available to test for now)
(02-27-2020, 12:25 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 11:21 AM)parkerwb Wrote: Also having DNS issues with 226 img.
Hmmm, I may have a clue: could you try editing your mobile data connection (something like /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<APN name>.nmconnection) and change the dns-priority value to 120?

(I don't have a SIM available to test for now)

The only connection I have in /etc/N..M../sys-cons/ is for my WiFi... nothing for Mobile/modem etc. so no priority value. Still digging around.

Code:
GNU nano 4.8                                                                    
The Land of Make Believe.nmconnection                                                                                
[connection]
id=The Land of Make Believe
uuid=6a7a79e0-f728-4c53-965e-90c16566d26f
type=wifi
interface-name=wlan0
permissions=
timestamp=1581090957

[wifi]
mac-address-blacklist=
mode=infrastructure
seen-bssids=C0:3F:0E:BD:E0:88;
ssid=The Land of Make Believe

[wifi-security]
auth-alg=open
key-mgmt=wpa-psk
psk=blahblah

[ipv4]
dns=8.8.8.8;8.8.4.4;
dns-search=
ignore-auto-dns=true
method=auto

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
dns-search=
method=auto

[proxy]
Alright, and you can ping 8.8.8.8 with no losses ? Have you tried getting closer to your hotspot ? (I found my Pinephone has a quite limited wifi range)

What does "nslookup kernel.org" output? (package dnsutils, in case it's not installed)
ping 8.8.8.8 works but not ping google.com - there's a quick fix by reordering the hosts entry in /etc/nsswitch.conf - see first part of this solution.
(02-27-2020, 01:23 PM)a-wai Wrote: Alright, and you can ping 8.8.8.8 with no losses ? Have you tried getting closer to your hotspot ? (I found my Pinephone has a quite limited wifi range)

What does "nslookup kernel.org"  output? (package dnsutils, in case it's not installed)

Yes I can browse website by IP, ping by IP etc. Can't install dnsutils because of the apt resolve error. 'service ModemManager stop' didn't help (thinking maybe apt was trying to use mobile data instead of WiFi and I have no SIM installed). Still playing around, but at a loss and, sadly, no linux expert nor DNS expert.

Code:
debian@pinephone:/usr/lib/systemd$ resolvectl status
Global
      LLMNR setting: yes
MulticastDNS setting: yes
 DNSOverTLS setting: no
     DNSSEC setting: allow-downgrade
   DNSSEC supported: yes
 Current DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
        DNS Servers: 192.168.1.1
         DNSSEC NTA: 10.in-addr.arpa
                     16.172.in-addr.arpa
                     168.192.in-addr.arpa
                     17.172.in-addr.arpa
                     18.172.in-addr.arpa
                     19.172.in-addr.arpa
                     20.172.in-addr.arpa
                     21.172.in-addr.arpa
                     22.172.in-addr.arpa
                     23.172.in-addr.arpa
                     24.172.in-addr.arpa
                     25.172.in-addr.arpa
                     26.172.in-addr.arpa
                     27.172.in-addr.arpa
                     28.172.in-addr.arpa
                     29.172.in-addr.arpa
                     30.172.in-addr.arpa
                     31.172.in-addr.arpa
                     corp
                     d.f.ip6.arpa
                     home
                     internal
                     intranet
                     lan
                     local
                     private
                     test

Link 3 (wwan0)
     Current Scopes: none
DefaultRoute setting: no
MulticastDNS setting: no

Link 2 (wlan0)
     Current Scopes: DNS LLMNR/IPv4 LLMNR/IPv6
DefaultRoute setting: yes
MulticastDNS setting: no
 Current DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
        DNS Servers: 192.168.1.1
         DNS Domain: ~.

(02-27-2020, 02:19 PM)nas Wrote: ping 8.8.8.8 works but not ping google.com - there's a quick fix by reordering the hosts entry in /etc/nsswitch.conf - see first part of this solution.

BOOM! That worked. Thanks for the help! Here's what my nsswitch.conf looks like now.

Code:
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         files systemd
group:          files systemd
shadow:         files
gshadow:        files

# hosts:          files resolve [!UNAVAIL=return] dns
hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,450 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,911 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,350 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,249 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,058 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion