debian+phosh running on PinePhone
Thanks, glad you like it!

(02-24-2020, 06:40 PM)Luke Wrote: Also, I am probably blind - but what are the credentials? [edit] ah, 1234 ... who would have thought Wink
Ooops, sorry, I was pretty sure I had posted this somewhere, but it turns out I didn't...
The credentials are now on gitlab and in the first post.

(02-25-2020, 02:27 AM)harvey186 Wrote: Pls. let me know if I can make a donation to you
No need for that, knowing this is helpful to others is well enough, at least for now Wink
1. could I install it on internal eMMC or will it cause issues ?? for updates for example.

2. and is there a way /howto / wiki to change/compile a 'normal' app the get it fit to small screen ?

3. all apps I have installed now are do have keyboard issues. If I have to activate the keyboard manually the layout is total stupid. for example the 'back' key is a '='
Point 3
The us map is not in the good folder.
I saw something maybe related in
Journalctl -xe

You'll find it
(02-25-2020, 05:44 AM)harvey186 Wrote: 1. could I install it on internal eMMC or will it cause issues ?? for updates for example.
No, I'd rather not install to eMMC for the moment, this hasn't been tested at all.

(02-25-2020, 05:44 AM)harvey186 Wrote: 2. and is there a way /howto / wiki to change/compile a 'normal' app the get it fit to small screen ?
This might require some heavy development depending on the app (with a simple layout, changing the minimum window sizes can work, but when it gets more complicated, you'll need to replace some widgets with the libhandy equivalent)
Good examples include 2048, Clocks or GNOME Control Center as modified by Purism, but I'm afraid you'll have to dig through the code and git history, and learn about libhandy as well.

(02-25-2020, 05:44 AM)harvey186 Wrote: 3. all apps I have installed now are do have keyboard issues. If I have to activate the keyboard manually the layout is total stupid. for example the 'back' key is a '='
Can you be a bit more precise please? Which version of the image did you install, how do you reproduce this bug? Photos of the issue could be helpful too Smile
(02-25-2020, 02:22 PM)a-wai Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 05:44 AM)harvey186 Wrote: 3. all apps I have installed now are do have keyboard issues. If I have to activate the keyboard manually the layout is total stupid. for example the 'back' key is a '='
Can you be a bit more precise please? Which version of the image did you install, how do you reproduce this bug? Photos of the issue could be helpful too Smile

to reproduce :

On the last build :
open terminal
change map to "terminal"
write something
change map back to "English(US)"

try backspace -> "="
try . -> "b"

to help :

squeekboard --help
give an error a11y.Bus missing (resolved by  : apt-get install at-spi2-core)

also try to find ~/.local/share/squeekboard/keyboards/us.yaml
But file not present

Never tried to had the files (found here : https://source.puri.sm/Librem5/squeekboa.../keyboards)

to speak about :

This keyboard really need a "CTRL"  key
I think a long press and add "CTRL" as first choice could be great
I have created a document with apps I have tested. It shows working / not working apps.

Everyone could add his app experiences. Than not everyone must try not working apps.

https://ecloud.global/s/6Cw7L5xoENfk354

It would be great if this link will be added in first post. thx
(02-26-2020, 02:54 AM)rico Wrote: On the last build :
open terminal
change map to "terminal"
write something
change map back to "English(US)"

try backspace -> "="
try . -> "b"
Hmmm, that's weird, I can't reproduce the bug, it reverts back to US layout when asked to, and all keys work fine...
Anyway, there's a new version available from Purism, I'm currenly building it, you'll be able to upgrade using apt later today.

(02-26-2020, 02:54 AM)rico Wrote: squeekboard --help
give an error a11y.Bus missing (resolved by  : apt-get install at-spi2-core)
Good point, I added the relevant package to the next build.

(02-26-2020, 02:54 AM)rico Wrote: also try to find ~/.local/share/squeekboard/keyboards/us.yaml
But file not present
I don't think this has an impact, after the 'Debug: Tried file ...' line, you should see 'Info: Loaded layout resource: us', meaning it was succesfully loaded from the internal app resources.

(02-26-2020, 02:54 AM)rico Wrote: This keyboard really need a "CTRL"  key
I think a long press and add "CTRL" as first choice could be great
I agree, this would be worth asking the developers
Yes, sure, but i have to try something 'by myself' before
For reproduce, install an app like seafile or nextcloud (any app which is NOT activating the online keyboard).
in seafile for example, if you try to add something in 'Server' field you have to activate the keyboard by your on with pushing the button on right bottom side. Than try any letter or the backspace key. you will see, that most keys aren't working and the backspace is adding the =.

I have made a video where you can see what happens https://ecloud.global/s/7SGd78cQ3Q8nsRt
The mac address appears to change after every reboot. Found similar behaviour mentioned here but different chipset not sure if it's relevant.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,450 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,911 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,346 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,249 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion