Coronavirus outbrake impact on PINE64
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1730]

* This is Miko Mart, not that commie Wal-Mart.

Attached Files
.png   1.png (Size: 183.4 KB / Downloads: 1,809)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_tEdQvFcc
I've been fiddling with my simulation again a little although not very actively.  I turned on quarantining on day 300, 90% of the cells are in quarantine, they're the ones with the black borders.  Then I went to bed.  I got up in the morning to find that there were no infected cells outside the quarantine.

All cells here recover after what I think are realistic periods.  The ones inside quarantine didn't , they should have, that's a bug.  Usually without quarantine the virus just spreads to fill the screen.  By taking 90% of the cells out of circulation it dropped the population density low enough so they weren't bumping into each other so the rate of spreading was lower than the rate of recovery.  Even an imperfect quarantine can help.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1731]

.png   overnight_90pct_quar.png (Size: 60.84 KB / Downloads: 1,558)
Dr. Siegel says some 'mathematical modeling' about coronavirus is spreading panic

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-marc-si...ding-panic
Well probably it should.  We need a" lockdown" (I don't like that word) for about a month more at least and we should see the new case rate start leveling off.

Found an interesting website in an article in AP news: https://www.endcoronavirus.org/  It tries to match scientists with specific skills against specific needs, but also has some guidelines and FAQs.  Started by a neuroscientist in Cambridge, MA, US.

Quote:The fastest and the only way to stop COVID-19 in the United States is a five-week national lockdown.

In much of Europe and North America, the explosive growth of COVID-19 means that a 4-6 week strong lockdown is necessary to stop the outbreak. Such lockdowns may be politically difficult to implement, and they always entail significant short-term economic and social costs. But their effects are dramatic, and their duration is short. Two months after China imposed its lockdown, China has virtually eliminated local transmission of COVID-19. Wuhan is now safer than London or New York, and China’s economy is on the path to recovery. Without China’s strict lockdown, the economic harm to China from COVID-19 would have been orders of magnitude greater.

During a strong lockdown, regions which are less affected by the virus can help provide resources to those in need. The lockdown also gives time to dramatically scale up the supply of COVID-19 test kits and capacity to process them. If the number of infections is dramatically reduced using the lockdown and a massive testing regime is initiated, COVID-19 can be controlled after five weeks without extreme social distancing measures. A strong lockdown would minimize both the harm to individuals, as well as the economy.

Looks like it's starting to level off, that could change.
[Image: 5e8133628e221449d437bcf3_main%20figure%203_29.PNG]

From https://v2.endcoronavirus.org/update/dai...r-march-29
it would be nice to have the non-PINE related conversation split to another thread...
(03-28-2020, 02:43 AM)SpoofyKid Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 05:18 AM)Luke Wrote: @tllim flew from US to HK and shipped everything that remained in the warehouse by himself ...
If you see him at the conference, I'd say buy him a beer.

My PinePhone Braveheart, from within the final batch, has reached me in New Zealand. 

Thank you, @tllim !

Glad to know you soon received your PinePhone :-)
Can someone tell when next shipment batch will be?
I ordered some items on April, 1st. The shipment page reported next batch would have been April, 3rd.
Then, the batch was postponed to April 10th.
Now, it shows April 17th.
While I understand that problems occur sometimes, this just doesn't feel very transparent.
Is there any realistic estimated date for the next batch?
Thanks!
Hi there Guys

Any one have any ideas why my ordered pine phone is in Geneve 2 letter tansit ? its been there a while 12 days now I'm in Australia any updates on arrival times, I also fully expect and understand the delays surrounding the lock down of areas but was just look for an update Smile
(04-11-2020, 06:07 PM)RayRay_38 Wrote: Hi there Guys

Any one have any ideas why my ordered pine phone is in Geneve 2 letter tansit ? its been there a while 12 days now I'm in Australia any updates on arrival times, I also fully expect and understand the delays surrounding the lock down of areas but was just look for an update Smile

Ascendia Post is French and Swiss Post, and their transit hub locates at Geneva.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,644 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
Information FOSDEM 2018 Blog! New PINE64 Boards, Upcoming Hardware and Much More! Luke 2 49,892 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 4 Feb @ 8PM tllim 22 33,904 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 Kickstarter pineadmin 0 8,249 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Last Post: pineadmin