Coronavirus outbrake impact on PINE64
Coronavirus restrictions in Guangdong province 

The Guangdong province, where cities of GuangZhou and Shenzhen are located, has today issued a restrictive order delaying businesses from resuming activity until 10 February 2020. This is done in an attempt to curb the spread of the Coronavirus. This date may, and likely will, be further extended. For those who don't know, this is the region where PINE64 gear is produced.

Furthermore, Hong Kong - where popular PINE64 devices* featuring Lithium Ion batteries, are shipped from - has now also imposed limitations on border crossings.
[edit 03/02/2020] Hong Kong authorities announced they'll be closing all major boarder crossings from China until further notice.

What does this mean for you?

Production and shipment delays seem unavoidable at this time. The length of the delay will, of course, depend on how quickly authorities are capable of tackling the virus. There is no saying at this point if we are talking days or weeks - no one can predict how the situation will pan out.

If you wish to discuss the outbreak, its severity, how the government is handling the situation or any other aspects pertaining to the epidemic, then this isn't the right place to do so - I redirect you to the WHO discussion forums where such a conversation is more appropriate.

I'll update this post on a need-be basis.

*the Pinebook, PinePhone and Pinebook Pro all ship out from Hong Kong.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

The German batch of the pinephone is in Hong Kong? Or is it still at the factory?
(01-29-2020, 06:48 AM)Veraendert Wrote: The German batch of the pinephone is in Hong Kong? Or is it still at the factory?

To be honest, I don't know. Are you worried they'll shut down HK completely in the coming days/ weeks? - if yes, then I understand the concern.

(01-29-2020, 10:28 AM)Luke Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 06:48 AM)Veraendert Wrote: The German batch of the pinephone is in Hong Kong? Or is it still at the factory?

To be honest, I don't know. Are you worried they'll shut down HK completely in the coming days/ weeks? - if yes, then I understand the concern.

Thanks. Chinese authorities seem to be a tad nervous. So yes, i´m somewhat worried (but not as worried as some people in China, i presume. I hope that the virus can be contained soon). I keep telling me that it´s just a phone and that i have plenty of phones already. But then i can´t remember wanting a phone quite like i want the Pinephone.
If my phone is delayed then so be it. I'd prefer they curb the spread of the virus and people are healthy than to get a phone that will only be used to tinker with. Peoples health is more important than me having yet another toy.
In the wake of coronavirus there won't be any more pinebook pro shipments for a while...

I have my PBP that I received last week and I was going to return it (doesn't work for my use, but the laptop is pristine), but instead if anyone wants it reply here.

$200 plus shipping.

I'll pick the highest bid in a week or so (ping me)

(I live on the US east coast)

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8965
(01-29-2020, 03:01 PM)MIchael Wrote: If my phone is delayed then so be it. I'd prefer they curb the spread of the virus and people are healthy than to get a phone that will only be used to tinker with. Peoples health is more important than me having yet another toy.

heh, that's immoral. you're basically asking a techie to stop tinkering. that's like asking a dialysis patient to wait for 2 weeks. or a poor chinese soul to stop coughing.

jokes aside, it's an awful situation for everybody. best wishes to the chinese side of the community. stay well or get well soon, and always stay positive Smile

In Hong Kong warehouse and all shipping label already printed.
Thanks for the info. I hope the virus can be contained soon.
More developments - so I've updated OP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,645 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim
Information FOSDEM 2018 Blog! New PINE64 Boards, Upcoming Hardware and Much More! Luke 2 49,892 02-05-2018, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 4 Feb @ 8PM tllim 22 33,905 02-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Pine64 Kickstarter pineadmin 0 8,249 12-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Last Post: pineadmin