Sound through usb-c
Has anyone been able to get sound to go through their usb-c to hdmi? I've played around in the setting but I can't get it to work for the life of me. Am I just missing something?

Thanks!
I also cannot get sound to go thru the usb-C to hdmi cable. very sad about it
sound works on my USB-C to HDMI adapter. I added to the wiki last week. cable matters brand from Amazon.
Having also issue with sound no going over USB-C to HDMI (from @Arwen : then your device is "USB C alternate mode Display Port" with active converter from Display Port to HDMI. ) as I wrote in link below. Is there anything to do in OS to send Audio over USB-C device? I was watching some online streaming video in Chromium and Firefox..

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid57364
(01-27-2020, 01:37 AM)vrabac Wrote: Having also issue with sound no going over USB-C to HDMI (from @Arwen : then your device is "USB C alternate mode Display Port" with active converter from Display Port to HDMI. ) as I wrote in link below. Is there anything to do in OS to send Audio over USB-C device? I was watching some online streaming video in Chromium and Firefox..

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...4#pid57364

I had not seen her comment. I'll give it another go in the AM. I'm getting video, just no sound. It comes through the Pinebooks speakers.
in pulseaudio you select "rockchip HDMI" output or something similar
(01-27-2020, 05:41 AM)xmixahlx Wrote: in pulseaudio you select "rockchip HDMI" output or something similar

For whatever reason, I didn't even see that. Thank you.

...uhh, did you try plugging it in?
Hello, for me, disjointed sound.
Pinebook Pro, standard config (Manjaro)
(01-26-2020, 09:25 PM)LinuxIsNewToMe Wrote: Has anyone been able to get sound to go through their usb-c to hdmi? I've played around in the setting but I can't get it to work for the life of me. Am I just missing something?

Thanks!

For me it works on defiault Debian, but it doesn't on Manjaro(video only). Tested one adapter and one USB hub.
(02-02-2020, 02:41 PM)brzegorz Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 09:25 PM)LinuxIsNewToMe Wrote: Has anyone been able to get sound to go through their usb-c to hdmi? I've played around in the setting but I can't get it to work for the life of me. Am I just missing something?

Thanks!

For me it works on defiault Debian, but it doesn't on Manjaro(video only). Tested one adapter and one USB hub.
 Can someone with a working sound over usb-c alt mode please provide the output of `aplay -l` or something like `inxi -Fxz`.
Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PBP (PPP) docking deck : no hdmi sound Rosbeefandino 0 934 07-24-2022, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Rosbeefandino
  no sound output aspurr 6 6,820 12-17-2019, 07:14 AM
Last Post: User 6582
  Which sound preference for "hardware" and "speaker" richfm 1 2,974 11-19-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Watercourse
Music Pinebook Pro sound hdk 11 14,715 11-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tdolik