Germany batch will be delayed
(04-08-2020, 03:06 AM)j6s Wrote: Was at the customs office this morning. They did, in fact complain about CE markings not being present.
They gave me the option of either sending it back or letting someone check the device.

I chose the latter in hopes of someone being nice.
Not banking on it though.

I guess it'll end up going back  Undecided

I am in the exact same situation. I went to the Zoll this morning and couln't get my phone because of the CE certificate.
Then I also send it to the Bundesnetzargentur which normally takes up to two weeks but now because of corona might take longer.
Received mine a few weeks ago here in northern Germany.

No Customs, the mail delivery guy just stuck it in my mailbox. It did not fit in there complete, and I did not notice it till the next day, so the packiging got a little bit rain but nothing bad happened.

No CE-Questions, No Taxes Smile
My order was lying around at the Zoll. I got this info today by paper mail. Last chance to pick it up: today, which I can't make due to distance Sad

So it is going back.

@Luke - is it possible to convert my BraveHeart order into a "UBports Community Edition pre-order" as soon it reaches Pine64 again?

Best regards...
(04-08-2020, 03:06 AM)j6s Wrote: Was at the customs office this morning. They did, in fact complain about CE markings not being present.
They gave me the option of either sending it back or letting someone check the device.

I chose the latter in hopes of someone being nice.
Not banking on it though.

I guess it'll end up going back  Undecided

My guess was correct. I got a letter today, telling me that the device
  • Does not have CE markings
  • Does not have a german manual and getting started guide
  • Does not indicate the manufacturing company on the device (WTF?)
The device is on it's way back now.

Hoping to pick up either a ubports or fully released pinephone once german customs are happy with those.
I got also my letter by my customs department in Kempten, bavaria. They are pretty locked down at the moment thanks to corona. I emailed them the paypal receipt and paid my customs (around 28-30€) and the device will now be delivered to my flat. Will hopefully pick it up sooner or later there.
Proud Owner of: Pine A64+ 2GB, Pinebook Pro, PinePhone Braveheart edition with upgraded Board, Keyboard Addon and PineTime Dev Kit
(04-15-2020, 04:22 PM)Gammelplay97 Wrote: I got also my letter by my customs department in Kempten, bavaria. They are pretty locked down at the moment thanks to corona. I emailed them the paypal receipt and paid my customs (around 28-30€) and the device will now be delivered to my flat. Will hopefully pick it up sooner or later there.

I'm amazed that there's a customs department in Germany that can actually receive e-mails, let alone accept documents this way – and even more amazingly, it seems they didn't even demand the 25€ extra for having the Post / DHL process your customs declaration for you this way.

I've only ever had experiences confirming all preconceptions against (customs) officials.

---

Anyway; my phone is, unfortunately, still at "DE, Arrival at delivery office" (17track) / "Die Sendung wurde am 10.04.2020 in unserem Logistikzentrum bearbeitet." (deutschepost.de) since 2020-04-10, with nothing else in sight. Doesn't look too promising.
(04-22-2020, 01:13 PM)llsf Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 04:22 PM)Gammelplay97 Wrote: I got also my letter by my customs department in Kempten, bavaria. They are pretty locked down at the moment thanks to corona. I emailed them the paypal receipt and paid my customs (around 28-30€) and the device will now be delivered to my flat. Will hopefully pick it up sooner or later there.

I'm amazed that there's a customs department in Germany that can actually receive e-mails, let alone accept documents this way – and even more amazingly, it seems they didn't even demand the 25€ extra for having the Post / DHL process your customs declaration for you this way.

I've only ever had experiences confirming all preconceptions against (customs) officials.

---

Anyway; my phone is, unfortunately, still at "DE, Arrival at delivery office" (17track) / "Die Sendung wurde am 10.04.2020 in unserem Logistikzentrum bearbeitet." (deutschepost.de) since 2020-04-10, with nothing else in sight. Doesn't look too promising.

You will be more amazed.
The customs department in Essen, NRW wanted to deal with this via E-Mail as well.
It was their offer. Sadly they turned to a general institution which checked this case and they did not approve.
If they are even more progressive they might share information, this would mean bad luck for everyone waiting in NRW.
Here is their reasoning on german:

die Bundesnetzagentur teilte dem Zollamt mit, dass die Ware aufgrund der unten aufgeführten Gründe nicht der EU-Konformität entspricht:

"Begründung unserer Mitteilung:
Das Inverkehrbringen wird untersagt. Es handelt sich um ein nichtkonformes Produkt. Einer Wiederausfuhr kann zugestimmt werden.
Einzelheiten / Risikobewertung:
Es fehlt die CE-Kennzeichnung auf dem Produkt [FuAG §19(1)]; auf dem Produkt fehlt eine Angabe zur Identifizierung (Typ o.ä.) [FuAG §10(1)].
Auf dem Produkt fehlt die Angabe zum Hersteller [FuAG §10(2)]. Aus diesen Gründen ist die Bereitstellung, Inbetriebnahme oder Nutzung nicht erlaubt [FuAG §7].
Es fehlt die EG-Konformitätserklärung (KE) bzw. dessen Fundstelle. Bei FuAG-relevanten Produkten ist die Konformitätserklärung dem Gerät beizufügen. Alternativ kann eine Erklärung des
Herstellers auf die Einhaltung der grundlegenden Anforderungen der RED Richtlinie 2014/53/EU in Verbindung mit einer Fundstelle zur Anforderung der Konformitätserklärung angegeben werden
[FuAG §20(2)]. Es fehlt die deutsche Gebrauchsanleitung (insbesondere die Hinweise zur ersten Inbetriebnahme) - somit werden dem Benutzer wichtige Informationen zur sicheren und bestimmungsgemäßen
Nutzung vorenthalten [FuAG §20(1)].

Eine Überlassung in den zollrechtlich freien Verkehr ist damit nicht möglich. Sie haben nun die Möglichkeit ein anderes Zollverfahren zu wählen, wobei hier nur die Wiederausfuhr oder Vernichtung der Ware möglich sind.
Any responses how to handle sent back devices? I contacted sales several weeks ago. No answer. Twitter support is not able to help to.
The only solution I can think of is opening a case at PayPal.
(05-03-2020, 06:18 PM)asbachb Wrote: Any responses how to handle sent back devices? I contacted sales several weeks ago. No answer. Twitter support is not able to help to.

Please make sure send to correct sales email account: sales@pine64.org
(05-09-2020, 03:54 PM)tllim Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 06:18 PM)asbachb Wrote: Any responses how to handle sent back devices? I contacted sales several weeks ago. No answer. Twitter support is not able to help to.

Please make sure send to correct sales email account: sales@pine64.org

The mail was forwarded from pine64 support to sales@pine64.org on 15th of April.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MMS message being displayed delayed car46999 4 1,121 09-14-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: car46999
  VoLTE calls with o2 (Germany) arno_nuehm 6 6,579 07-06-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: arno_nuehm
Question APN setting for provider AldiTalk (Germany) robbyk 2 2,979 02-12-2021, 06:46 AM
Last Post: goapunk
  pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? robotnik 2 3,668 01-18-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: InternetQuatsch
  PinePhone for sale - Germany (no longer for sale) aus 0 1,735 12-15-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: aus
  Pine Phone next batch ordering date estimate ? bcnaz 7 8,405 07-15-2020, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Update on last batch of Bravehearts not yet shipped nimji 16 17,568 03-13-2020, 09:57 AM
Last Post: someGermanGuy