Germany batch will be delayed
@svenh Not really. They just wanted to see the CE mark.

I wish you more luck.
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language

1. Quartz64 Model B, 4GB RAM

2. Quartz64 Model A, 4GB RAM

3. RockPro64 v2.1

https://linux-nerds.org/
(04-04-2020, 10:02 AM)Bullet64 Wrote: @svenh Not really. They just wanted to see the CE mark.

I wish you more luck.

And the mark on the modem chip wasn't enough?

Mine finally arrived at my local customs office in Göttingen. I'm going there on Monday. I'll let you know how it went.
Sorry for german language.

Die waren von Anfang an darauf hinaus, das das Gerät keine CE Zertifizierung hat. Den Zettel wollten die überhaupt nicht lesen. Da hatte sich bei den zwei Damen jede Diskussion erledigt. Angesichts der Corona Krise habe ich auch keine große Lust mich mit jemandem zu streiten. Also das Gerät wieder zurück nach China. Wie ich zu Hause war dann das neue Gerät bestellt, die Community Edition von UBports. Und wieder warten........

Ich glaube an das Projekt Pine64 und hoffe das ich dann irgendwann mal mein Geld wieder bekomme Smile 

Und jetzt warten wir wieder. Seit November warte ich sowieso schon, da kommt es jetzt auch nicht mehr auf den ein oder anderen Monat drauf an Big Grin
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language

1. Quartz64 Model B, 4GB RAM

2. Quartz64 Model A, 4GB RAM

3. RockPro64 v2.1

https://linux-nerds.org/
I was lucky. They just wanted any proof of purchase, asked me what it was (I said telephone) and I had to open the package for them. The guy just said "Ah, a smartphone" and went to do the necessary paperwork. I didn't even have to show him the actual phone. I paid 28.67 Euros and was out of there.

Now I just have to get some toilet paper and can go home to play with my new toy.
The German customs sends my phone back because the CE sign is missing. I explained that it was bought only for development purposes in a small company, but as the shipping address was a private one, this argument was rejected, too.
Just a tip: if you can select the officer (gender), chose a male officer. My experience of border control (and i have a LOT, especially CH<->DE, CH<->AT, AT<->DE), woman control much more detail than men do.
(04-06-2020, 04:29 AM)someGermanGuy Wrote: Just a tip: if you can select the officer (gender), chose a male officer. My experience of border control (and i have a LOT, especially CH<->DE, CH<->AT, AT<->DE), woman control much more detail than men do.

Received mine today and had to pick it up at my local customs office. Had no problems so far. The package was declared as a gift with 25$ commercial value which is indeed bullshit. But I think the guys working at the customs office know that game well so he just asked for my invoice. I handed him the official invoice from Pine Store Ltd. and the PayPal payment confirmation. He did not ask me anything else - but maybe it was because of the corona crisis. Who knows. Luckily I have my phone now Smile  Mine also came over Switzerland.

I had to pay 28,67 € (19% tax) on the total amount of 150,90 €. If someone wants to see the import duty notification I attached mine here:
[Image: b7reuy.png]
First post.. only today I see in the international tracked that supposedly there was a delivery attempt by DHL Friday morning,

2020-04-03 08:43 xxxxxxxxxxxx, Delivery attempt
(redacted number),

however, neither a notification nor any package at that address (business address, not open before 9:00) Sad

I cannot find the number as a tracking number with DHL, and after spending 15mins waiting on the line for their service, the guy kicked me out ("accidentally", I guess) after 30s. Does anybody know how to deal with the situation?
My phone was sent back by German customs as well due to the missing CE sign and german manual. It seems the CE sign alone wouldn't have helped, because according to  the officer it is also mandatory to have a german manual included.
Was at the customs office this morning. They did, in fact complain about CE markings not being present.
They gave me the option of either sending it back or letting someone check the device.

I chose the latter in hopes of someone being nice.
Not banking on it though.

I guess it'll end up going back  Undecided

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MMS message being displayed delayed car46999 4 1,121 09-14-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: car46999
  VoLTE calls with o2 (Germany) arno_nuehm 6 6,577 07-06-2021, 02:38 AM
Last Post: arno_nuehm
Question APN setting for provider AldiTalk (Germany) robbyk 2 2,979 02-12-2021, 06:46 AM
Last Post: goapunk
  pinephone in germany (telefonica) ? robotnik 2 3,667 01-18-2021, 07:14 AM
Last Post: InternetQuatsch
  PinePhone for sale - Germany (no longer for sale) aus 0 1,735 12-15-2020, 12:58 PM
Last Post: aus
  Pine Phone next batch ordering date estimate ? bcnaz 7 8,405 07-15-2020, 09:16 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  Update on last batch of Bravehearts not yet shipped nimji 16 17,568 03-13-2020, 09:57 AM
Last Post: someGermanGuy