disable trackpad while typing
I've been looking for am answer, but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone have "disable trackpad while typing"working?
(01-17-2020, 07:39 PM)mamboman777 Wrote: I've been looking for am answer, but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone have "disable trackpad while typing"working?

Hello mamboman.

Did you update the firmware for the trackpad and keyboard?  I have that enabled in trackpad setup and can confirm that as soon as I hit a key the trackpad stops responding.

Have you changed any of the pointer options under the "General" tab of the mouse setup?  I have "show position of pointer when the Control key is pressed" selected, and that works, but nothing that I change under "pointer speed" or "drag and drop" seems to affect the pointer.  It is quite difficult to move the pointer small distances, or to grab corners of windows to resize, etc, and I'm just wondering if this situation is the same for everyone else.

Bill
yeah i'm having trouble getting that working too, i have everything updated too. using plasma.

as a sidenote, trackpads in general were a mistake. if the pinebook pro had a trackpoint it would be perfect, but i realize most people don't share this opinion, because they are wrong, so that would probably make the product too niche
(01-17-2020, 10:15 PM)wtdonnelly Wrote:
(01-17-2020, 07:39 PM)mamboman777 Wrote: I've been looking for am answer, but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone have "disable trackpad while typing"working?

Hello mamboman.

Did you update the firmware for the trackpad and keyboard?  I have that enabled in trackpad setup and can confirm that as soon as I hit a key the trackpad stops responding.

Have you changed any of the pointer options under the "General" tab of the mouse setup?  I have "show position of pointer when the Control key is pressed" selected, and that works, but nothing that I change under "pointer speed" or "drag and drop" seems to affect the pointer.  It is quite difficult to move the pointer small distances, or to grab corners of windows to resize, etc, and I'm just wondering if this situation is the same for everyone else.

Bill

I have updated the firmware.  I have enabled the correct settings in the touch pad setup, too.  Works in stock Debian.  I'm using the Bionic image.   Maybe a bug with Bionic?
(01-17-2020, 10:29 PM)aaspectre Wrote: yeah i'm having trouble getting that working too, i have everything updated too. using plasma.

as a sidenote, trackpads in general were a mistake. if the pinebook pro had a trackpoint it would be perfect, but i realize most people don't share this opinion, because they are wrong, so that would probably make the product too niche

Too funny aaspectre!  My first laptop was an *IBM* (not Lenovo) Thinkpad 365, windows 98 era machine with trackpoint.  I loved it!  But having gotten accustomed over the years to trackpads I wouldn't want to go back. 

What distro are you running?  My daily driver is a thinkpad that I've run the plasma version OpenSuse Tumbleweed on since ~2016.  I'm *trying* to like Mate but it doesn't appeal to me aesthetically and seems very limited compared to plasma.  I feel like I owe it to Pine and the devs to run stock so I can help iron things out, but I'm looking forward to moving on to something that suits me better.

Enjoy your PBP!

Bill
Doesn't Fn+F7 disable the trackpad?
(01-18-2020, 03:36 PM)zaius Wrote: Doesn't Fn+F7  disable the trackpad?

Yes.  I'm talking specifically about automatically disabling trackpad while typing in Bionic.  I've updated the subject of the post.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trackpad firmware update Luke 263 354,164 07-28-2021, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Trackpad film clockcycles 5 4,914 06-18-2021, 09:34 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Recently started getting a lot of double letter input when typing. tyerod 6 5,017 06-04-2021, 10:33 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Lifting Trackpad p3pp3r 7 9,320 03-23-2021, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Timpanogos Slim
  No keyboard & trackpad leads to no display. RMA from the US. Free parts in Seattle BitterPine 4 8,336 12-30-2020, 06:14 AM
Last Post: BetteHoward
  Does this plastic trackpad cover come off? Paulie420 7 6,678 09-17-2020, 02:29 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Mouse drfting when using the trackpad jcarty 1 2,666 09-15-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ab1jx
  Trackpad sensitivity barn 1 2,771 08-06-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: tophneal
  Trackpad doesn't pick up small movements dieselnutjob 3 4,338 07-15-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: dieselnutjob
  Stuck trackball / trackpad issue charlespine 0 1,789 06-27-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: charlespine