Pinebook Pro Open Arena Tournament (Saturday /Sunday fun anyone?)
so martin helped me test my setup yesterday, and by helped i mean he thanklessly murdered me constantly, lol. also a psa: playing without a mouse is difficult.

the sweet spot in options seems to be: vertex, flares off, bloom off, detail high, texture high, 32bit

with latest mesa-git on debian sid arm64 i am frequently getting >90fps depending on map, etc.

also, here is a build script for debian based installs (tested on debian sid arm64):
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8954
Sorry about the constant murdering, was testing my new alpine package for openarena Big Grin

I'm getting ~90fps now on most maps except oa_shouse which seems to always be laggy.
will there be another game hosted ? Last one was epic Smile
yes, where should we be monitoring these things? also, is there a channel on discord for this?
(01-28-2020, 04:38 PM)astr0baby Wrote: will there be another game hosted ? Last one was epic Smile

Absolutely! Lets do it sometime after FOSDEM - how about Feb 7, 8 or 9th?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-30-2020, 06:33 PM)Luke Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 04:38 PM)astr0baby Wrote: will there be another game hosted ? Last one was epic Smile

Can do next weekend Sat/Sun is good - hopefully there will be more players this time since the build instructions for OpenArena were passed on through many channels and for different distros
(01-30-2020, 06:58 PM)astr0baby Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:33 PM)Luke Wrote:

Can do next weekend Sat/Sun is good - hopefully there will be more players this time since the build instructions for OpenArena were passed on through many channels and for different distros

I hope so too! I'll also make more people aware of it - tweet/ toot and ping people in the chat.

Note for noobs like me (who haven't played OA thus far).

If you struggle to figure out how to enter the password => after you start connecting to the game (and you get the invalid password promt) => open the console in the game (should be the ` key bellow Esc) => enter the password command:
Code:
\password <password_here>

Voila!

Read more about the commands here

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
even easier is to add those commands to your openarena script and go straight into the room ready to frag.
(03-20-2020, 09:59 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: even easier is to add those commands to your openarena script and go straight into the room ready to frag.

Write out the syntax perhaps ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiki: Pinebook 1080 entry disappeared Surehand53 1 2,770 12-28-2020, 11:21 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Can't open alerts on HTTP forum zxorg 0 2,425 12-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Last Post: zxorg
  Selling Pinebook 14" with 64GB eMMC, from Europe dahni 2 4,722 11-07-2018, 05:45 AM
Last Post: Luke