PineBook Pro Status Update Page?
Hi,

I'm sure that I'm in the same boat as other folk that made orders, but is there a place to check order-update status? Or should just wait until the end of the month before doing anything like contacting the sales people directly?

I placed an order in early December for an ANSI Pinebook Pro and only received the the paypal transaction email, no kind of direct Pine64 confirmation email.  I don't even remember what the particular email address I used for the order, so I don't even know how to look that up.

Thanks!
(01-05-2020, 10:24 PM)LittleWalter Wrote: I placed an order in early December for an ANSI Pinebook Pro

https://www.pine64.org/shipping/
(01-05-2020, 10:42 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 10:24 PM)LittleWalter Wrote: I placed an order in early December for an ANSI Pinebook Pro

https://www.pine64.org/shipping/

Not much info just: PINEBOOK PRO estimate to be ship around early of January 2020.

Guess I'll just wait until the end of the month and go from there if I don't receive anything.  No information about tracking information, etc.
(01-05-2020, 10:24 PM)LittleWalter Wrote: Hi,

I'm sure that I'm in the same boat as other folk that made orders, but is there a place to check order-update status? Or should just wait until the end of the month before doing anything like contacting the sales people directly?

I placed an order in early December for an ANSI Pinebook Pro and only received the the paypal transaction email, no kind of direct Pine64 confirmation email.  I don't even remember what the particular email address I used for the order, so I don't even know how to look that up.

Thanks!

Hi LW. 

Over the course of several weeks in November and December, I ordered the Pinebook Pro, the PinePhone Braveheart edition, and the PineTime kit.  In each case, I got both a PayPal receipt AND a separate email receipt from Pine64.  The email came from sales@pine64.org and had an order number but no tracking info.  On 12/12 I got an email from Pine64 informing me that my PineTime had shipped and that Pine were marking the order complete.  That email did contain a tracking number. 

If I were you I would check spam/junk folders and make sure you don't have an acknowledgement from Pine64 for your order.  If you don't, then it might be worth sending them your paypal transaction info to make sure you order didn't fall through the cracks.  If it makes you feel any better, I too ordered the ANSI PBP and haven't gotten a shipping notification yet, so don't panic!

Regards,

Bill
(01-05-2020, 10:24 PM)LittleWalter Wrote: Hi,

Thanks!
Hello Walter! Don't worry. The exact same happened with my order. I ordered my ANSI PineBook Pro from the USA on November 9th. As other forum members began mentioning letters and invoices - when I'd received none - I became concerned. As it turned out, my order was correctly received by Pine64, but some of us "slip through the cracks" after the notification by PayPal. The team at sales@pine64.org were very quick and helpful!

I don't have more info than this, but my small subthread and resolution are linked here:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...1#pid55431
— Jeremiah Cornelius
"Be the first person not to do some­thing, that no one has thought of not doing before’’
— Brian Eno, "Oblique Strategies"
I start to share the same feelings like the other people wondering what is happening with the ANSI version orders. i ordered on 28th of November finding initial information it would be shipped until the end of December, then some info was about up to 5th of January and now we are left with some foggy notice of somewhere at the beggining of January.

There should be more clear informations. Itotaly understood first delay notification, but now, makes me think in looking for a refund better.
Oh no--don't do that madalin! You've waited this long, so just hang tight a little longer! Think of the reasons why you ordered the PBP, and all the fun you'll have exploring how different distros turn this low cost but surprisingly capable piece of hardware into something you'll be so happy to use and learn with. Do what is best for you, of course--I'm just trying to rekindle the feeling of enthusiasm you had for this venture when you placed your order.

If it makes you feel any better, I ordered the PineTime what seems like a long time ago, got shipping notification on 12/12 and then... crickets. Until Friday that is, when I was notified that the USPS had it. And just an hour ago I got a delivery notification--it's in my mailbox!

I hope you (and the rest of us) get your PBP soon, and hope you really enjoy exploring what a community-powered project like this can do.

Regards,

Bill
I am thinking the same thing madalin. 

I ordered the ANSI Pinebook Pro on November 4th.  My concern is that production for the next batch hasn't even started yet.  I read that production starts once there are enough orders to justify building the next batch.  When this happens, I thought online orders where no longer allowed in the store.  As of today, you can still place an order for the ANSI version.  

I have decided that if there is not a specific ship date given during the next monthly update, then I will be requesting a refund for all of the Pine64 devices I have ordered. 

I think I read the next update will be January 12th...
You're likely right, production on new batches probably hasn't happened yet, as most places in China are in the process of gearing up for CNY, where they will be on holiday. Next production run of PBPs has already been stated as starting towards March.

If I recall correctly from the last updates, the ANSI batch you ordered from is out of production and shipping has or is about to begin for the batch.
(01-06-2020, 01:29 PM)tophneal Wrote: You're likely right, production on new batches probably hasn't happened yet, as most places in China are in the process of gearing up for CNY, where they will be on holiday. Next production run of PBPs has already been stated as starting towards March.

If I recall correctly from the last updates, the ANSI batch you ordered from is out of production and shipping has or is about to begin for the batch.

I think you missed the fact that I ordered on November 4th.  I should have been in the batch that was supposedly going to be before CNY. 

I certainly won't be waiting until March.

Since my order on November 4th, I have watched the store and have never seen it shut down since then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,901 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 298 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 226 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 166 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 618 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,218 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,118 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt