Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY)
@clover  -   I have resized "ROOT-A" to 6GB and "STATE" to 7GB. By adding additional 8GB to the image.
So after this it should fit onto 16GB SD card.

Link --> https://smail.net.pl/cros-r87-pbp.img.xz

I wonder if it will boot correctly. Ping me Smile
How did you get this running?
Hello, I know you guys have been working hard to get Chrome OS on Pinebook pro. Thanks for the effort. I have a question, I just recently saw Acer announced an ARM Chromebook with snapdragon 7c. (Acer chromebook 513). Does this mean using one of the latest Chrome OS version for can help Pinebook pro compatibility towards your development effort?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Not really, since the SoC is completely different. In fact, Samsung has a Chromebook with the RK3399 in it, but the main problems lie with the mainlining of the kernel and to get Android apps running
(09-21-2020, 01:25 PM)as400 Wrote: @clover  -   I have resized "ROOT-A" to 6GB and "STATE" to 7GB. By adding additional 8GB to the image.
So after this it should fit onto 16GB SD card.

Link --> https://smail.net.pl/cros-r87-pbp.img.xz

I wonder if it will boot correctly. Ping me Smile

you still have this img? i know i'm late to the party, but i'd love to try it out.
@tophneal - I don't have it.

Maybe @clover ? I was just resizing the image for him to work further on it.
AFAIK he did manage to boot it, but don't know what is the final outcome.
As an aside, but still related to these efforts, @PakoSt pointed out to me the other day that Fyde has released a version of their Chromium fork, with Android and Linux containers (it appears they're also making efforts to port Anbox to Chromium.) Anyone checked it or its repos out yet?

https://twitter.com/LukaszErecinsk1/stat...05026?s=20

I put it on SD, booted it up, and it was snappy. However, the cool stuff isnt availabe to the guest account, and i dont have/need a fyde account. I tried following the established method to disable the fyde account and enable google login, but it doesn't seem to work with this image or version (v11). Last reported success I saw was for v10.

EDIT: some follow up to this, I used a dummy email and SIP phone # (has to be able to receive verification sms) and made a Fyde account. They do allow you to use a google acct instead of a fyde account, but only after having the fyde account for the first screen. Personally, I find this to be very backwards thinking, and hopefully it's something we'll see changed since this was a development image and apparently wasn't meant to be distributed yet. As for the fun stuff: not only does Crostini work without issue, they aren't using their Cros Anbox implementation for this image, it's full-blown ARC++ with Android Pie. It works crazy well. There is a Chrome app in the Fyde store to install OpenGapps, but it currently fails. From what I could tell it's not yet setup for ARM platforms, and will need updated. Aurora store works really well as an alternative, though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black screen on both FydeOS as Chromium from github QuinTeknoLife 0 3,439 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: QuinTeknoLife
  Chromium OS 78? obyknovenius 2 5,957 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: brent.thierens
Question Does the Pinebook Pro support chromium developer mode? TDC_PBP 3 6,571 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  Possible to use different uboot with Chromium? tophneal 1 3,787 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Last Post: tophneal