Looking to commission a new Chromium build (COMMUNITY BOUNTY)
another post, sorry

if it's it's own post with "bounty" in the title, then people are gonna be drawn to claim it, and we can hopefully get our fully functional chromiumos quickly Smile
No worries, thanks for clarifying!

Yea we can do that, and I can set it as an announcement for this forum to help its visibility.

Do you have any copy suggestions for the post? (Aside from the specific inclusion of bounty.) Let me know of any suggestions of what we should be sure to have in the post, and I’ll include them. If no one has any suggestions, I'll just repost this OP and edit copy as needed to specifically included the use of a bounty.
I'm working on this. Right now, I have successfully built the image from ayufan's repos. However, widevine support got lost on the way. I will try to update the u-boot to allow for sd-boot (this has not yet been fixed in ayufan's repo), next I will try to update the kernel to match the one from the default Debian build.
(01-16-2020, 05:55 AM)aaspectre Wrote: another post, sorry

if it's it's own post with "bounty" in the title, then people are gonna be drawn to claim it, and we can hopefully get our fully functional chromiumos quickly Smile

Ok, instead of making a new post I edited the thread title and stickied this thread, so it should be that much more visible.

Kicked another $100 USD into the pool, too. @Pak0St had a good idea in IRC, we might try reaching out to ArnoldtheBat. Though that might require getting a PBP into his hands.
A new release can be found here: https://github.com/brentthierens/chromiu...d/releases
This fixes the uboot issue that prevents other os'es from booting.
Anything else you've noticed so far? I'm about to download and burn this from my SD! I'm excited to try it!

EDIT: Got it installed. Linux tools don't work, lxc -l gives me the same output, but it does feel snappier than the ayufan image. The brief time I've already used it, it's been very quick. Widevine installer script may need updated. Netflix no longer works.
It would surprise me if Linux tools would work, since normally nothing has been changed. I'm trying right now to get an updated Linux kernel with more flags (the mrfixit kernel) under CrOS. Hopefully that solves something for this.

When I enable Linux, I get an error on the stage 'creating disk image'. Any chance you can find the error causing this? Maybe, there is just a package missing to create the vm image or so. Other errors after that might be a result from that. Can the tools be enabled from terminal so we have some log output?
(01-26-2020, 03:55 AM)brent.thierens Wrote: It would surprise me if Linux tools would work, since normally nothing has been changed. I'm trying right now to get an updated Linux kernel with more flags (the mrfixit kernel) under CrOS. Hopefully that solves something for this.

When I enable Linux, I get an error on the stage 'creating disk image'. Any chance you can find the error causing this? Maybe, there is just a package missing to create the vm image or so. Other errors after that might be a result from that. Can the tools be enabled from terminal so we have some log output?

I had a hunch they probably wouldn't but tested and added it for anyone curious. Did this build utilize that mainline u-boot I sent you? I felt insanely quicker than the original builds from ayufan.

I think one of the vital tools missing is lxc. When I open a crosh tab and type lxc list, I get a message that lxc cannot be found. I haven't found a way to initiate the install through crosh, yet, unfortunately, but I'll keep looking. (If anyone else knows how, please share!) I think someone got some one earlier in the thread posted a snippet of output from their attempt to install. Hopefully they included the command they used.

Just found a CloudReady ticket that might hold some helpful things. One suggestion so far has been to try running the install again, and then checking /var/logs. I'm also seeing indications (at least by the CLoudReady staff) that Crostini may only work on 64bit installs. That could just be a CloudReady thing, though. I'm curious now whether CrOS for gru or kevin is armhf or arm64.

After having just read this post https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?...6#pid58156 I'm also curious if we can do something similar with one of Arnold the Bat's generic ARM builds.
Not built with mainline uboot yet, the image was built using MrFixit uboot. But it is something I plan to change in the future, just wanted to try other stuff first since the main issue, SD not being bootable anymore, was solved.
I will post any progress I make and check the link later Smile
Sounds good! I might bust out an SD reader and try out what I linked on a AtB image today. I'll share if there's any positive result.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black screen on both FydeOS as Chromium from github QuinTeknoLife 0 3,437 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: QuinTeknoLife
  Chromium OS 78? obyknovenius 2 5,957 02-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: brent.thierens
Question Does the Pinebook Pro support chromium developer mode? TDC_PBP 3 6,568 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP
  Possible to use different uboot with Chromium? tophneal 1 3,786 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Last Post: tophneal