forgot login and password
(02-22-2021, 08:23 PM)jezek Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 05:17 AM)sumerm Wrote: i) downloaded an OS and mounted it on a micro SD

What OS have you downloaded and how did you mount it on a microSD?
I tried dietpi and used balena etcher. What happens is basically: it goes through all the steps and when I get to final reboot. I takes me back to my old log in screen (with the old username etc)
In the meantime I managed to reboot it with Manjaro (from Sd card). It turns on nicely but as I remove the sd card and restart the computer it goes back to to the old OS....
(02-25-2021, 04:08 PM)sumer Wrote: I tried dietpi and used balena etcher. What happens is basically: it goes through all the steps and when I get to final reboot. I takes me back to my old log in screen (with the old username etc)

Speaking from my own experience, I wasn't able to boot every image from the wiki page. Some just didn't work. It was some time ago, maybe now all work. I can only say, that the Manjaro images are working. One week ago I installed the Manjaro KDE onto SD card to see what's new and it booted. I use on my Pinebook 1080p the Manjaro Sway image, I think it's the fastest and most responsive image for "old" pinebook. It can even play (supported) 1080p video without lagging.

(02-26-2021, 01:04 PM)sumer Wrote: In the meantime I managed to reboot it with Manjaro (from Sd card). It turns on nicely but as I remove the sd card and restart the computer it goes back to to the old OS....

Congratulations. So now you have 2 options.
1) Use information form previous posts to reset login/password
2) Bacup the data on EMMC and install new OS from scratch to EMMC. You should find he instructions on wiki/forum (If you're using manjaro, they have "manjaro-arm-flasher" and "manjaro-arm-emmc-flasher" tools, which makes installing different manjaro images easier).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new pinebook (yay!) went to sleep & I don't have the KDE default password (boo) pixelpaperyarn 3 4,146 05-31-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: MagicFab