Google Authentication or similar
Hello,
I need to use a Google Authentication app to generate secure code, is there anything similar for PinePhone?
I mean I would like to buy this phone but I need this feature, otherwise I will use an Android Sad
Operating Systems could be anything.
libpam-google-authenticator or authy is probably what you're looking for. To ensure you should be able to use these, I'd suggest looking up each package option and determining if they are available as aarch64.
(12-26-2019, 10:28 AM)hitchhiker Wrote: Hello,
I need to use a Google Authentication app to generate secure code, is there anything similar for PinePhone?
I mean I would like to buy this phone but I need this feature, otherwise I will use an Android Sad

FreeOTP or something similar? It can generate OTP from a QR code with it. May need to port it though based on your choice of OS.
(12-26-2019, 10:28 AM)hitchhiker Wrote: Hello,

There is a gnome authenticator app which I use for 2fa on my laptop which works brilliantly. I believe it should work on the linux OSes like pmOS or KDE neon but especially pmOS with phosh as it's a GTK app. Check it out below on gitlab below.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/Authenticator

I installed this on my arch linux laptop from the AUR, and use it as a backup for the mobile app FreeOTP. But hopefully now I can just use authenticator both on the pinephone and the laptop.
I was facing the same problem. What i decided to do was get a Yubikey. They have an application for linux Yubico Autehnticator. Can't confirm yet that it works on PinePhone but i'm sure it can be made to.

This way i'm also not tied to a device. The totp codes are kept on the key not the app/device.

EDIT: Just also found out that it can be done using CLI so even if the gui does not get built for ARM i'm hopeful for the CLI tools.
Aegis on f-droid.org
On Ubuntu Touch, try Authenticator-NG

Authenticator in the OpenStore

I use it all the time. Works great
There is also the 2FA Manager app but I havnt used that myself so cant say how well that works but should work about the same.
gnome-authenticator runs fine in phosh on postmarketOS, it's only a bit annoying to add keys to it since the camera integration doesn't work.
so why cant i just open the kingscross terminal, downlosd snapd and then authy?
sudo apt update
sudo apt install snapd
sudo snap install core
sudo snap install authy --beta
https://snapcraft.io/install/authy/debian
Guys I just did manage to set up AWS MFA on PinePhone64 with OTPClient 2.6.3 on Mobian. They sent to me the qr code as image. I sent the image to the phone and I used the option for scanning QR from the image. There was also necessary to confirm my MFA installation and it all worked. I guess it will work with other providers as well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gnome-online-accounts won't sign in to google account [SOLVED] pjsf 0 1,120 04-27-2022, 07:32 PM
Last Post: pjsf
  Google Fi Activation Without Google App Bonesdog 1 2,012 10-06-2021, 01:04 PM
Last Post: xorrito
  Online account (google) not working RodMyers 0 1,734 09-02-2020, 10:12 AM
Last Post: RodMyers
  google fi natasha 2 4,261 08-31-2020, 01:24 PM
Last Post: natasha
  Google and Apple Zweitaktmotor 2 3,287 04-12-2020, 09:59 AM
Last Post: wibble