Anyone could do engraving ?
I am looking to do an engraving on the PBP. 

I'd rather send it to someone from the community than to a random shop. So if you have a laser engraver and are in the EU and could do it for me - please let me know Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I've access to a laser engraver, currently in the west of Ireland (so, in the EU, but a bit of a trek). I'm hoping to use it on my own PBP once it arrives (hopefully sometime over the next month and a half). I wouldn't want to make any guarantees about the quality of the output until I try it on my own.

I'm reasonably new here (this is my first post, so zero reputation), so I don't think think I qualify as "member of the community" just yet, although I've been following Pine64 for a while. I intend to be a bit more active once my PinePhone and PBP arrive and I've something meaningful to contribute. I'd have bought one of the September batch of PBPs but I had only finished university, and was, sadly, broke and stuck for cash.

I'll report back here in a few months with the results of my own engraving anyhow.
(12-01-2019, 01:31 PM)joed Wrote: I've access to a laser engraver, currently in the west of Ireland (so, in the EU, but a bit of a trek). I'm hoping to use it on my own PBP once it arrives (hopefully sometime over the next month and a half). I wouldn't want to make any guarantees about the quality of the output until I try it on my own.

I'm reasonably new here (this is my first post, so zero reputation), so I don't think think I qualify as "member of the community" just yet, although I've been following Pine64 for a while. I intend to be a bit more active once my PinePhone and PBP arrive and I've something meaningful to contribute. I'd have bought one of the September batch of PBPs but I had only finished university, and was, sadly, broke and stuck for cash.

I'll report back here in a few months with the results of my own engraving anyhow.

First of all, thank you for responding. And that sounds great! - if you're happy with the quality of the engraving (technically etching?) on your PBP let me know - I can just take the lid off and ship it to you. I'll toss in a present to compensate your time and pay anything that is owed of course.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I admit I decided to wait until spares are available before putting my PBP into my engraver ;-)... just in case
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
I want to engrave mine and will do that with a friend of mine, but I also want to be a bit careful. If you could send me a few samples of the material together with my order, I could use that for experimenting, and if it goes nice I can do mine and yours next.
(12-04-2019, 04:38 AM)jcgruenhage Wrote: I want to engrave mine and will do that with a friend of mine, but I also want to be a bit careful. If you could send me a few samples of the material together with my order, I could use that for experimenting, and if it goes nice I can do mine and yours next.

My plan was to use to detach and use the back cover as a test.
(12-04-2019, 05:42 PM)joed Wrote: My plan was to use to detach and use the back cover as a test.

That would work, but depending on how the laser engraving machine is set up and what exact material the covers are made from, this might weaken the structural integrity of the covers, so I'd prefer to test it on something separate.