order deadline for next production run
What is/was the order deadline for the next production run?
General timetable information would be appreciated as well. (with the understanding that everything is estimates/plans, not promises)

This is probably in a thread somewhere, but I looked for 5 minutes, and didn't find it.
Also, I'm lazy/wondering why it's not a pinned thread.
(11-23-2019, 10:56 PM)bsammon Wrote: What is/was the order deadline for the next production run?
General timetable information would be appreciated as well. (with the understanding that everything is estimates/plans, not promises)

This is probably in a thread somewhere, but I looked for 5 minutes, and didn't find it.

There is no order deadline. When reach the current batch production quantity, it will stated as out of stock till next batch reopen. We don't release the batch quantity information (sometimes we need to adjust due to components supply constraint, production capacity and etc) and vary from batch by batch pending on previous batch order quantity.
(11-25-2019, 01:36 PM)tllim Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 10:56 PM)bsammon Wrote: What is/was the order deadline for the next production run?

There is no order deadline. When reach the current batch production quantity, it will stated as out of stock till next batch reopen. We don't release the batch quantity information (sometimes we need to adjust due to components supply constraint, production capacity and etc) and vary from batch by batch pending on previous batch order quantity.

Would it be impolite to ask when the general Dec ETA for shipping is? I'm eager for a lot of different possible projects.
I might go crazy this year, and attempt a port of Halium/UbuntuTouch. I'm definitely packaging stuff.
— Jeremiah Cornelius
"Be the first person not to do some­thing, that no one has thought of not doing before’’
— Brian Eno, "Oblique Strategies"
I just ordered mine the other day!

Am I understanding this correctly: no orders will ship until some quota of orders is hit? Are you able to guess when that will happen?
(12-05-2019, 11:58 AM)rossk Wrote: I just ordered mine the other day!

Am I understanding this correctly: no orders will ship until some quota of orders is hit? Are you able to guess when that will happen?

For anyone else who comes across this-- according to the December update, ISO units should ship late December, and ANSI units in (early?) January.
Is an ANSI order today (01/01/20) too late for the next shipping cohort? Happy New Year, everyone!
Hmm..... If they are still accepting orders I would think it is not too late.
Next pre order session is 'predicted' to be March, last I heard.

SOoo... The Dead Line is when it says "Out of Stock"
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Order Status mamboman777 1 3,521 06-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: fxc
Photo can not boot pinebook pro from recent production run justwantin 9 2,671 10-22-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: justwantin
  boot order straightwalker 7 6,044 12-25-2021, 09:23 AM
Last Post: alidonkaka6
  Will It Be Okay To Order The PineBook Pro US Version For Use In The UK? ImmyChan 7 6,195 03-15-2021, 10:24 PM
Last Post: dsimic
  Pinebook Pro pre-order iMav 4 3,453 03-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Last Post: globaltree
Question Possible to order Pinebook Pro with 128Gb eMMC? KC9UDX 8 9,227 07-28-2020, 06:52 PM
Last Post: LittleWalter
  NVMe adapter separate order? powerful owl 5 5,529 07-27-2020, 10:02 PM
Last Post: powerful owl
  My order from Jan 20th is moving. zaphod80013 0 1,508 02-24-2020, 09:50 PM
Last Post: zaphod80013
  Pinebook Pro ANSI pre-order Amandaville 3 4,835 02-18-2020, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Amandaville
  Booting from an SD card without the boot order update jaysistar 7 8,018 01-27-2020, 08:30 AM
Last Post: jaysistar