Trackpad firmware update
We should make sure that the Wiki has the correct information / instructions, and then point the users to it;

Wiki - Pinebook Pro - Trackpad

As usual, feel free to correct, improve or comment, (good or politely bad).
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(01-05-2020, 06:39 AM)Luke Wrote: Honestly, no clue, I'm not experiencing this on default build newest kernel. I'll see if I can replicate it tonight.

I've received recently update of the kernel from @danielt and the touchpad became better, not wow, it still has some issues, but now it significantly better.
(01-08-2020, 06:09 AM)Arwen Wrote: We should make sure that the Wiki has the correct information / instructions, and then point the users to it;

(  Is this a dumb Question ? )

Could downloading the firmware be called "step one"  ?

Then step one would be called step two   ?
    And step two would become step three   ?

Or am I not understanding something in this process  ?

Also when Luke first posted this firmware 'update'  he mentioned "needing a 'usb keyboard' "
    While the Wiki says a 'usb mouse' is needed  ?

Thanks for Clarifying this,   BC

Or maybe word the the Wiki to say "first download the firmware" then proceed with step one, then step two ?

Mis-installed firmware is a bit harder to correct than mis-installed software  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Anyone with an ANSI unit willing to help test the ANSI FW PM me please
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(01-08-2020, 07:36 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(01-08-2020, 06:09 AM)Arwen Wrote: We should make sure that the Wiki has the correct information / instructions, and then point the users to it;

(  Is this a dumb Question ? )

Could downloading the firmware be called "step one"  ?

Then step one would be called step two   ?
    And step two would become step three   ?

Or am I not understanding something in this process  ?

Also when Luke first posted this firmware 'update'  he mentioned "needing a 'usb keyboard' "
    While the Wiki says a 'usb mouse' is needed  ?

Thanks for Clarifying this,   BC

Or maybe word the the Wiki to say "first download the firmware"  then proceed with step one, then step two  ?

Mis-installed firmware is a bit harder to correct than mis-installed software  ?

I'll take a look at clarifying the Wiki trackpad firmware update instructions, when I do the update on my ISO model, (not done yet). That might be this weekend.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
ANSI (and ISO) FW flashing instructions now in first post.

[edit] @Arwen I also edited the wiki entry. Chose to have both versions written out in full just to avoid confusion.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I have updated my ansi keyboard and trackpad firmware so I can confirm the update is ok and working as expected.

Happy updating Smile
So I'm getting 'command not found' errors at step 1

rock@Debian-Desktop:~/pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater$ sudo ./updater step-1 ansi
[sudo] password for rock:
sudo: ./updater: command not found
I just received my Pinebook Pro ANSI today. After seeing this thread, I immediately updated the firmware following the instructions in the original post. 

I wanted to note that after running the step-1 script, my keymap changed and I could not run the reboot command. I tried fumbling my way thought the keys to figure out the new keymap and I eventually gave up and used the power button. On reboot, the wrong keymap was still active so I couldn't log in. Luckily I had a USB keyboard I could plug in and login and run setp-2. After step-2 I was able to reboot and on boot up, the keymap was back to normal. 

You may want to post a warning about this as someone without a USB keyboard may not have been able to easily workaround it.
You must've missed the warning post from last night: https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8736

Correction, it appears there's been an update for ANSI keyboards.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 968 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 981 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,829 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,141 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,363 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,005 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,722 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,336 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,505 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z