Trackpad firmware update
(11-30-2019, 07:02 PM)Eggmonkey Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 01:38 PM)tsys Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 12:56 PM)Eggmonkey Wrote: As I wrote in the previous post it stays connected for 5-10 minutes after a reboot then crashes. It then doesn't work again without a reboot. Prob overheating. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I know this is somewhat OT, but think this might help.
It is unlikely that the modules do overheat. If yours was it would be defective. It might be a firmware issue though. You could try using this firmware https://gitlab.manjaro.org/tsys/pinebook...aster/brcm . I get perfectly stable WiFi with it on my kernel.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion tsys. I've moved  brcmfmac43456-sdio.bin and brcmfmac43456-sdio.clm_blob to /lib/firmware/brcm , rebooted and issue seems the same.
Wifi lasts a few minutes then drops.
Noob question perhaps - but should i have deleted the old firmware?
We don't have lspci ofc and when I run lshw -C network, I get this:

*-network:0               

description: Wireless interface

physical id: 7

logical name: wlan0

serial: 6c:22:a2:e9:2e:d3

capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=wl driverversion=0 ip=192.168.2.189 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11

Which is fairly inconclusive, at least to me.

I think this will quickly become a bit too much ot for this thread. Please open a new thread. We can discuss the issue there.
Manjaro ARM

Kernel dev
Buy me a coffee
Hello folks,

The CTRL+SHIFT+TAB (all left-side) key combination still doesn't register, even with the firmware update.
Is this anywhere on the roadmap?
(12-03-2019, 12:48 PM)tsago Wrote: Hello folks,

The CTRL+SHIFT+TAB (all left-side) key combination  still doesn't register, even with the firmware update.

I asked TL about another issue I had with META blocking the cursor keys, and he wanted to get back to me after asking the KB vendor. Maybe they provide an updated firmware that fixes that and I can continue reverse engineering the firmware...
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
I was just wondering about this.
I searched the updater repo for its firmware and found the blob, so I assume we do not have access to an opensource firmware for the trackpad yet. I just have a couple of questions:

Where is the binary blob coming from?
I assume the source is closed or unavailable, who is working on the firmware now?
Whats the difference between the original busted firmware and the late october firmware blob in ayufan's updater repo?

I don't know how to write firmware. I can test the firmware, though and I would like the trackpad firmware to improve from its current state. Where is the development happening?
(11-26-2019, 12:24 PM)GLSRacer Wrote: So, I've noticed something over the last several days of use with the new firmware... While the keyboard fix has remained in place, I've noticed that the trackpad enhancements have reverted somewhat. To expand on this, the old pointer overshoot issue is still gone however a sort of dead zone has appeared which makes pointer precision similar to the pre-update behavior.

I think I'm having the same problem. If I move my finger very slowly across the surface, there's no pointer motion until a certain threshold, then a sudden fast motion. Precise input is next to impossible right now. (Good thing I'm a keyboard-heavy user...)
I don't believe this firmware had the purpose to improve the precision.
(12-03-2019, 05:06 PM)xalius Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 12:48 PM)tsago Wrote: Hello folks,

The CTRL+SHIFT+TAB (all left-side) key combination  still doesn't register, even with the firmware update.

I asked TL about another issue I had with META blocking the cursor keys, and he wanted to get back to me after asking the KB vendor. Maybe they provide an updated firmware that fixes that and I can continue reverse engineering the firmware...

(12-05-2019, 02:17 AM)Solra Bizna Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 12:24 PM)GLSRacer Wrote: So, I've noticed something over the last several days of use with the new firmware... While the keyboard fix has remained in place, I've noticed that the trackpad enhancements have reverted somewhat. To expand on this, the old pointer overshoot issue is still gone however a sort of dead zone has appeared which makes pointer precision similar to the pre-update behavior.

I think I'm having the same problem. If I move my finger very slowly across the surface, there's no pointer motion until a certain threshold, then a sudden fast motion. Precise input is next to impossible right now. (Good thing I'm a keyboard-heavy user...)

I would like to report the same behavior. The trackpad works, but there is still much room for improvement in function. Slow/precise trackpad usage is still frustrating.
Also, anecdotally, it doesn't seem to work very well in the cold. Its a handfull of degrees above 0C here, sitting outside with my coffee, and the trackpad 2-finger scroll detection is degraded.
Alright, I'll talk to TL about more improvements for the trackpad
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Another point worth mentioning is that if you're using your right hand to navigate over the page, and you then click (not tap-to-click) in the bottom area with your left hand, the mouse jumps to a complete different position. That's quite annoying.
The update worked first time. Improved the trackpad some, and the keyboard much.

The trackpad still works better with acceleration turned way up. but the pointer still "drifts" at the end of a move, which is annoying and kills precision.
(drifts: move, stop, the pointer moves slowly a little farther in the general direction it was moving...)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 968 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 981 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,829 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,141 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,363 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,005 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,722 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,336 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,505 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z