Trackpad firmware update
I applied the update and the touchpad works much better.

But two finger tap does not register as a right click for me anymore. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm using Ubuntu Mate and "Two-Finger Click Emulation" is set to "Right button".

EDIT: never mind - I installed " xserver-xorg-input-synaptics" at some point and I guess it is not compatible. By removing this package (and going back to libinput) the two-finger tap triggers a right click.
I've noticed that after running the update utility (a couple of times now) I'm still getting missed and duplicate key presses. Should I run it again?
Just updated on Ubuntu Mate woithout any problems.

Trackpad and keyboard both working fine inclding two fingered scrolling and righ click menu seems to be working much better now.
Trackpad update worked perfectly for me, thank you very much!

But my Wifi is still basically dead so I can only use the laptop on LAN currently - does anyone know of a proprietary version of the wifi driver that I can try?
Have you checked the wifi antenna connection to the motherboard..?

Addendum :

Sorry to hear the problem was not as simple as a the antenna connection....

The Single Board Computer has its Advantages AND its Disadvantages,

Not being able to replace or upgrade some of its components can be frustrating to say the least ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-28-2019, 10:47 AM)Eggmonkey Wrote: Trackpad update worked perfectly for me, thank you very much!

But my Wifi is still basically dead so I can only use the laptop on LAN currently - does anyone know of a proprietary version of the wifi driver that I can try?

And you didn't accidentally toggle the privacy switch for wifi/bt?
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Is there a chance that the missing SUPER + Arrow keys function gets added ?

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8265
(11-28-2019, 10:53 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Have you checked the wifi antenna connection to the motherboard..?

I just opened it up and tweaked the antennae cable which was attached fine to the wifi chip.
Restarted it and the wifi held for 7 minutes (youtube video) before dropping and reconnecting isn't possible immediately - I suspect strongly that the chip is overheating each time. I doubt putting a small thermal pad on the chip would help but maybe it is an option. Seems likely the chip is just faulty tbh.

(11-28-2019, 10:56 AM)Luke Wrote:
(11-28-2019, 10:47 AM)Eggmonkey Wrote: Trackpad update worked perfectly for me, thank you very much!

And you didn't accidentally toggle the privacy switch for wifi/bt?

As I wrote in the previous post it stays connected for 5-10 minutes after a reboot then crashes. It then doesn't work again without a reboot. Prob overheating. Thanks for the suggestions though.
(11-30-2019, 12:56 PM)Eggmonkey Wrote: As I wrote in the previous post it stays connected for 5-10 minutes after a reboot then crashes. It then doesn't work again without a reboot. Prob overheating. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I know this is somewhat OT, but think this might help.
It is unlikely that the modules do overheat. If yours was it would be defective. It might be a firmware issue though. You could try using this firmware https://gitlab.manjaro.org/tsys/pinebook...aster/brcm . I get perfectly stable WiFi with it on my kernel.
Manjaro ARM

Kernel dev
Buy me a coffee
(11-30-2019, 01:38 PM)tsys Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 12:56 PM)Eggmonkey Wrote: As I wrote in the previous post it stays connected for 5-10 minutes after a reboot then crashes. It then doesn't work again without a reboot. Prob overheating. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I know this is somewhat OT, but think this might help.
It is unlikely that the modules do overheat. If yours was it would be defective. It might be a firmware issue though. You could try using this firmware https://gitlab.manjaro.org/tsys/pinebook...aster/brcm . I get perfectly stable WiFi with it on my kernel.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion tsys. I've moved  brcmfmac43456-sdio.bin and brcmfmac43456-sdio.clm_blob to /lib/firmware/brcm , rebooted and issue seems the same.
Wifi lasts a few minutes then drops.
Noob question perhaps - but should i have deleted the old firmware?
We don't have lspci ofc and when I run lshw -C network, I get this:

*-network:0               

description: Wireless interface

physical id: 7

logical name: wlan0

serial: 6c:22:a2:e9:2e:d3

capabilities: ethernet physical wireless
       configuration: broadcast=yes driver=wl driverversion=0 ip=192.168.2.189 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11

Which is fairly inconclusive, at least to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 969 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,830 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,142 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,366 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,006 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,723 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,336 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,507 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z