Trackpad firmware update
(11-22-2019, 12:27 PM)tsys Wrote: While the manual states that you should always restart from step-1 I did only step-2 again after rebooting. It worked for me, but no gurantees. I believe the update steps are somewhat independent once step-1 has completed but that is just an intuitive assumption I got from the log output.

Update worked on 4th try.

Everything is OK now. Ty for the help.
track pad interrupt update , a heaven sent, thank you!
(11-22-2019, 11:45 AM)tsys Wrote: Hi,

thanks a lot for the firmware update! Missed keyboard keystrokes and bad tracking from the touchpad where major pain points for me. 

Would it be possible to open source keyboard and touchpad firmware? I'd love to see this device become even more open  Smile

It will be in the future yes. Either we'll manage to convince the vendor or find another way.
That said, the vendor has been great at working with us to solve this situation, and we want to work with him further, so we rather not upset by pushing for something too rapidly.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Updater worked first try. No more time travelling trackpad. No more dropped/held keys. I was able to type out an entire verse of the Modern Major General's Song without any [hardware-induced] typos, when previously I would hit problems within 40 keypresses or so. Wonderful!
Update worked first time, and seems to be much better. Been using it for a bit at work, and haven't come across any issues yet.

Thank you to everyone involved!
Just applied the update, worked perfectly!
Thank you so much!!! Smile
I used an external mouse and USB keyboard, running Bionic-Mate off SD.

After step-1 it went back to the normal login. Then I used the mouse to open terminal from the desktop.  (Is there an external keyboard command to open the terminal?)

Then step-2 read command not found, so I tried

Code:
cd pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater
sudo ./updater step-2

then I got the success message  Smile

Now the trackpad and an external mouse both work at the same time.

The "-key, #-key, and @-key still don't work as labeled, but work as expected.  The pipe/backslash and tilde keys are still screwed up.  So there are still two keys that type < and >
Got mine updated and it seems much better straight away! Nice work guys!

I will point out though, that after step 1, my Pinebook made a high pitched squeal until step 2 was done. This persisted through the reboot. I'm just taking it as the Pinebook screaming with anticipation of its new firmware.
(11-22-2019, 02:30 PM)VRocker Wrote: Got mine updated and it seems much better straight away! Nice work guys!

I will point out though, that after step 1, my Pinebook made a high pitched squeal until step 2 was done. This persisted through the reboot. I'm just taking it as the Pinebook screaming with anticipation of its new firmware.

The same for me. I think that this is expected. The TP update firmware likely does bit-bang, which likely is the cause.

Anyway, the whole process is pretty resilient.
Homepage: https://ayufan.eu

Releases:
Rock/Pro 64/Pinebook Pro: LinuxChromium OS
So/Pine A64/Pinebook: LinuxAndroid 6.0Android 7.1

Buy me a Beer
(11-22-2019, 02:42 PM)ayufan Wrote:
(11-22-2019, 02:30 PM)VRocker Wrote: Got mine updated and it seems much better straight away! Nice work guys!

The same for me. I think that this is expected. The TP update firmware likely does bit-bang, which likely is the cause.

Anyway, the whole process is pretty resilient.

@ayufan should this update be possible from a shell in your Chromium build, or should I boot up a Linux drive?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,998 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  After update, multiple problems, pinebook pro. jd50i 1 969 09-16-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: jd50i
  Metis package can't update Mangustis 1 983 02-22-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: robocone
  Suggestion / Warning about closed source wifi and keyboard / touch pad firmware omarcomputing 3 1,829 10-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Keyboard/Touchpad update SH61F83 IC zaphod80013 4 3,142 09-14-2022, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Carl
Big Grin EASY SOLUTION for Manjaro "Missing Keys" Update and Install Failure Zoroaster-Z 0 1,366 08-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Zoroaster-Z
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,006 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Wont charge when powered off, and update question pineymousepad 7 5,723 12-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Last Post: pineymousepad
  Issues with External Display After Recent Update reundo 0 1,336 11-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Last Post: reundo
Bug Wrong FN keys after keyboard FW update j4n3z 2 2,507 10-19-2021, 01:57 AM
Last Post: j4n3z