Kodi
kodi with at least h265 ? what about 4k ?
if not, with hardware acceleration for h264 ?
because if kodi is supported but can't play any movie ...
and I don"t speak of DTS or DTS HD
(01-07-2016, 03:08 PM)Iona Wrote: kodi with at least h265 ? what about 4k ?

not yet support at Kodi level.

(01-08-2016, 01:58 AM)tllim Wrote:
(01-07-2016, 03:08 PM)Iona Wrote: kodi with at least h265 ? what about 4k ?

not yet support at Kodi level.
I means hardware acceleration support at Kodi level. We will check with Kodi folks on their interest to support Pine A64.
@nomadewolf:
I already have a Xperia Z2 being used as "android TV" and another set of apps. But I was talking about my decision to use Kodi with Linux...

@taros:
nope, this is not a shop, but saying that something is supported by a set of products implies that it is ALREADY supported, and given past 5 years Allwinner GNU-GPL policy, it unlikely it's gonna happen. For Linux and a lot of time, at least.

Ubuntu rootfs is useless without uboot and patched recent kernel (or streamline supported main kernel, something that AW isn't doing at all)

I don't complain about Pine developers "per se", but about AllWinners steps towards (or against) freeing patches for kernels other than 3.10, that I think seriously it's not gonna happen.

If you want an Android PC, this is without any doubt your SBC, but talking about linux... wrong way, I'm afraid.

If I'm wrong in the future, i'm all yours to blame about whining, but right now facts are here to put a great burden against a very good concept SBC because maybe its using the wrong SoC...
I only hope that Allwinner really helps the community and kernels appear in a few months.
You know you can use playercorefactory.xml in KODI for Android so it uses an external player for certain content?

eg: Any H265 content - use MX Player

see here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_externa...on_Android
(02-02-2016, 05:30 PM)mattrix Wrote: You know you can use playercorefactory.xml in KODI for Android so it uses an external player for certain content?

eg: Any H265 content - use MX Player

see here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_externa...on_Android

Thanks on the tips, then we will just need to provide a customize playercorefactory.xml file.
... TL
This is a good discussion and I agree with earlier comments in this thread about full disclosure on the board's current (i.e. assuming no further progress made with the SoC vendor) capabilities, as a lot of people are wanting these for small media player units.

Personally I need something that can play MKV, MP4 and Netflix with a nice remote-friendly GUI.

I know the BackerKit survey release is imminent so I hope that we are able to get a commitment, and ideally a video demo, of the PINE64 media centre option in action before we order additional units via BackerKit. Does anyone know whether Kodi Jarvis (currently at Release Candidate 3) is likely to be the version that is used for PINE64?

Quite interesting threads:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=254263
like someone here was saying.. thats why this is a kickstarter Project. And thats why i only ordered one Board. We dont now what we get yet.
I would like to use the pine as a media Client and kodi would be great...if then i would order some more
i know this is about a year old, but i found it googling something - others will too - kodi works fine on the pine64 if you install remix and then kodi from the play store.
Same for auyfan's Android release (6.0 is all I have tried kodi with).
+1 me if I have helped you in any way. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  kodi on ubuntu? gychang49 5 7,889 10-09-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: gychang49
  kodi install on A64, 2GB gychang49 1 4,910 10-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
  Kodi xbmc Myrealnameis 3 5,470 06-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Luke
  kodi xbmc for pine mbjpine64 4 6,392 05-22-2016, 02:45 AM
Last Post: mbjpine64
  Pine + KODI jamesnl 1 6,762 02-12-2016, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Ghost