Temperature
The Mate sensors applet is running now for one week om my Pinebookpro.
Temperature is 19 C. Constant.
(11-11-2019, 12:35 PM)hdk Wrote: The Mate sensors applet is running now for one week om my Pinebookpro.
Temperature is 19 C. Constant.

Cool Cool
This one seems to read the battery temperature, which doesn't seem to have a proper sensor. Try this:
cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp | echo Zone 0: `awk '{print int($1/1000)}'`
(11-11-2019, 07:14 PM)VoxUnius Wrote: This one seems to read the battery temperature, which doesn't seem to have a proper sensor. Try this:
cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp | echo Zone 0: `awk '{print int($1/1000)}'`

rock64@pinebookpro:~$ cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp | echo Zone 0: `awk '{print int($1/1000)}'`

Zone 0: 32

In Sensors Applet Preferences
    Sensors
    temp1    label temp1    enabled

Attachments: Hardinfo and Xsonsors
In Hardinfo two sensors are alive.

Attached Files
.png   Hardinfo_sensor_2019-11-12.png (Size: 90.01 KB / Downloads: 428)
.png   Xsensors2019-11-12.png (Size: 10.77 KB / Downloads: 442)
You can get the temps for cpu from "/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp" and gpu from "/sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp"
If you want the temps in mate panel you can create a script something like this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
cpu=$(cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp)
gpu=$(cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp)
echo CPU ${cpu::2}C '|' GPU ${gpu::2}C

Make it executable and put in "/usr/local/bin" and then add "Command Applet" in the panel and set it to execute your script.
had to add "sleep 5" to make it visible. Nice, thank you.
I have done some tests to see the temperature of the battery during idle and I did a stress test (youube video). During idle, the temperature is 41C and while watching a video on youtube, it is 58C. Mostly the same temperature as the CPU.
This is very hot for a battery, we are cooking the battery and it will not last very long.
I will have to find a way to remove as much heat from the CPU as possible and throw it outside of the enclosure.
Currently a big thermal pad is used to connect the CPU to the bottom plate. Probably an aluminium pad with a thin thermal pad on the enclosure side (to glue the aluminium on the enclosure) and some efficient thermal paste on the CPU side might help.
Is it possible for Pine64 to sell something like this as an item we could buy to have a lower temperature inside the pinebook pro?
Otherwise I will have to manufacture this myself.
Youtubed for 10 minutes, battery is cool, have put my hand on it. CPU is 41C max.
You are lucky, but even 41C is too much for a battery. 25 or 30C max if you want to keep it in good health. For the pinebook pro as it is inside, I think that it is possible to keep it below 35C but not less.
Also, 40 or 60C for the CPU is not a problem. The problem is for the battery and this means enhance the heat transfer to the bottom plate.
HMmmm.....?
I do not know what the sensors say, but even while watching YouTube, my PBP only feels slightly warmer where the cpu is,
and the rest of the lower case is the same as the room temperature .
> my cpu performance is set to 'on demand'
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your SOC temperature? Der Geist der Maschine 3 5,471 01-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Last Post: wasgurd