Forum Login Failure
Seem to have a problem logging in today with Firefox (#70) on Apple iMac starting this afternoon in spite of working perfectly for ages up to this morning.

At some point this afternoon the [LOGIN] and [REGISTER] buttons appeared at the top of the page and clicking login takes me to the usual login box (pre-filled by browser but I have also tried retyping)

Clicking on the Login button returns me to the forum still not logged in but with a message 

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

On this same computer, using Chrome browser and the same login credentials, login is perfect. 

Any idea what is going on here?
(11-07-2019, 10:26 AM)neilman Wrote: Seem to have a problem logging in today with Firefox (#70) on Apple iMac starting this afternoon in spite of working perfectly for ages up to this morning.

At some point this afternoon the [LOGIN] and [REGISTER] buttons appeared at the top of the page and clicking login takes me to the usual login box (pre-filled by browser but I have also tried retyping)

Clicking on the Login button returns me to the forum still not logged in but with a message 

"Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

On this same computer, using Chrome browser and the same login credentials, login is perfect. 

I had a similar issue in Chrome earlier in the year. Normal window I couldn't login, but if I opened an . Incognito window I could, or already was logged in. I was able to resolve it by clearing Chrome's cache.
(11-07-2019, 11:13 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 10:26 AM)neilman Wrote: Seem to have a problem logging in today with Firefox (#70) on Apple iMac starting this afternoon in spite of working perfectly for ages up to this morning.

I had a similar issue in Chrome earlier in the year. Normal window I couldn't login, but if I opened an . Incognito window I could, or already was logged in. I was able to resolve it by clearing Chrome's cache.

Thank You tophneal - that did the trick albeit knocking out all my other logged in tabs.

I am now logged in again in Firefox Smile
(11-07-2019, 12:02 PM)neilman Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 11:13 AM)tophneal Wrote:

Thank You tophneal - that did the trick albeit knocking out all my other logged in tabs.

I am now logged in again in Firefox  Smile

Glad I could help! I honestly lived with it for months when it happened to me. I figured screw it, since it was only on my work PC, but I wanted to be prepared in case it happened on one of MY computers. lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 276 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  star64 bootable images, u-boot, sbi, forum? hexdump 2 1,335 12-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: faultyforelimb
  RSS feed for the forum power46 1 724 08-01-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: ericssonmere
  Why are you using MyBB for this forum? notramo 6 3,498 05-24-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Change the forum's software to Discourse Liz_34 11 3,213 01-25-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Own sub for PineBuds Pro to this forum Liz_34 0 767 01-12-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Liz_34
Lightbulb Add a dark theme for the forum? cowsay 1 993 08-31-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  Broken forum? arno_nuehm 16 8,563 03-12-2022, 03:00 AM