November Blog Update -- PinePhone Braveheart, Pinebook Pros, and a giant Pine Cluster
The November update is now live. Here are the key points: 

• Our monster clusters; core community services will migrate to our own hardware in 2020
  • Pinebook Pros shipped; Last pre-orders for ~3 months start today (ANSI +ISO)
  • We’re aware of NVMe adapter & Trackpad issues, expect fixes soon
  • OG Pinebook upgrade to Pro-esque setup in Q1 2020
  • PinePhones for developers (finally) ship November 5-18th
  • PinePhone Brave Heart Pre-Orders start November 15th; delivery December 2019 / January 2020
  • PineTab production conundrum; state of software 
  • PineTime dev kits shipped; development proceeding exceptionally well
Click me to read more

Discuss below if you wish!
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

From the blog:
Quote:the Pinebook Pros from both community production-runs and a large portion of the ‘public batch’ have now shipped.

Does this mean if we're from the community production run, we should have received a notification of it shipping by now?
(11-05-2019, 08:55 AM)odinson Wrote: From the blog:
Quote:the Pinebook Pros from both community production-runs and a large portion of the ‘public batch’ have now shipped.

Does this mean if we're from the community production run, we should have received a notification of it shipping by now?

You should have. However, it's possible DHL hasn't processed your shipment yet.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

The public batch shipments will go out for the next 7 days or so, but all community shipments should have been fulfilled
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-05-2019, 09:12 AM)Luke Wrote: The public batch shipments will go out for the next 7 days or so, but all community shipments should have been fulfilled

I received the email they were about to go out along about the same as the earliest posts here talking about the email, but I have heard nothing since then. At what point should I contact support about this? I have no problem being patient, I just want to know at what point I should assume there's a problem. Thanks.
(11-05-2019, 09:21 AM)odinson Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:12 AM)Luke Wrote: The public batch shipments will go out for the next 7 days or so, but all community shipments should have been fulfilled

I received the email they were about to go out along about the same as the earliest posts here talking about the email, but I have heard nothing since then. At what point should I contact support about this? I have no problem being patient, I just want to know at what point I should assume there's a problem. Thanks.

If you don't get anything by Friday then please email: pinebook@pine64.org and CC: info@pine64.org 
Thanks - lets hope this is just a DHL mess-up.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-05-2019, 09:25 AM)Luke Wrote:

If you don't get anything by Friday then please email: pinebook@pine64.org and CC: info@pine64.org 

Okay, will do. Thanks.
On the PineTab production pre-CNY --Yes, please. I think getting these devices into the hands of a broader range of developers will get an operational OS much sooner. Perhaps ship the same default OS as the PinePhone?
(11-05-2019, 08:36 AM)fire219 Wrote: Click me to read more
"As a teaser I attach an image of Manjaro running mainline kernel and Panfrost FOSS GPU drivers on the Pinebook Pro – pretty cool huh?"

Yes! Yes, very cool indeed! I'm running Manjaro ARM on my Raspberry Pi 4 - it's fast (2GHz overclock) and smooth. It's not my daily driver, but if I had a desk to have a permanent setup then it could be just about. I'd be totally psyched with a Pinebook Pro running Manjaro!  

And I guess the fact that it's running the mainline kernel means that it will be easier for developers to maintain? E.g. fewer device-specific tweaks needed?
(11-05-2019, 09:25 AM)Luke Wrote:

I'm in the exact same situation, so they may have messed up more than once.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,297 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,620 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,160 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,691 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,790 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,791 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,626 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM