Permanent Watermark?
That is in fact the screen protector used when the bare screens are shipped to the factory. If you can get a grasp on it, it should be removable.

I do not know if it is possible to remove the bezel without damaging the screen.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(11-04-2019, 05:41 PM)NSW Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 04:55 PM)Nurb432 Wrote: EDIT: does this work: [Image: 3RzyEQ3]  if not:  https://imgur.com/3RzyEQ3

My initial thought is that someone forgot to remove the plastic protector film from the panel before they closed it up. I would wait for support to get back to you just to be sure. I would imagine, if the bezel is easily removable, you will find a pull tab in one corner to remove that plastic sheet.

Right. that is my suspicion too, now that I saw it was there after power down.  And noticed the 2 little bubbles. Cant imagine there would be bubbles in any of the actual plastic layers. THAT would be some shabby manufacturing Smile 

Be a simple fix if so, but ya i'm waiting on support to give me the go ahead, so i dont void anything by accident.  I cant imagine these guys would make it hard to remove.. considering they cater to a makers market.
(11-04-2019, 04:55 PM)Nurb432 Wrote: weird, i can still see it. Ill put it somewhere in a little bit.

EDIT: does this work: [Image: 3RzyEQ3]  if not:  https://imgur.com/3RzyEQ3
Ok, that's a weird one, I thought it wasn't that big and visible.

Yeah, there's sure is a QC that have been missed Smile

Positive side : you have a collector item !
(11-05-2019, 06:38 AM)Kochise Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 04:55 PM)Nurb432 Wrote: weird, i can still see it. Ill put it somewhere in a little bit.

EDIT: does this work: [Image: 3RzyEQ3]  if not:  https://imgur.com/3RzyEQ3
Ok, that's a weird one, I thought it wasn't that big and visible.

Yeah, there's sure is a QC that have been missed Smile

Positive side : you have a collector item !

collectors item. lol.
@Nurb432  let me know how you make out with support on that! I too have a screen issue, although not as blatant. While I was was totally fine with/expecting that there could be some dead pixels when my unit arrived, there wasn't. Instead it looks like there was actually physical damage to the screen's internals where it almost looks cracked/scratched from the inside and light bleeds through. It worries me that the integrity of the screen is compromised. Not sure if it was due to shipping or out of the factory. 

Had there been just dead pixels and the light bleed from the side of the LCD screen, I would have been fine. However this screen scratch and the inability to run and not lock up for more than an hour or so at a time is worrying me. Were there any other issues with your unit?
(11-05-2019, 12:12 PM)NotYourLoginId Wrote: @Nurb432  let me know how you make out with support on that! I too have a screen issue, although not as blatant. While I was was totally fine with/expecting that there could be some dead pixels when my unit arrived, there wasn't. Instead it looks like there was actually physical damage to the screen's internals where it almost looks cracked/scratched from the inside and light bleeds through. It worries me that the integrity of the screen is compromised. Not sure if it was due to shipping or out of the factory. 

Had there been just dead pixels and the light bleed from the side of the LCD screen, I would have been fine. However this screen scratch and the inability to run and not lock up for more than an hour or so at a time is worrying me. Were there any other issues with your unit?

As of yet, everything else works fine. Keyboard is a bit on the low side of being sensitive, but it does all work . Just be sure to hit the keys with some intent.  

I have not yet tried USBc - HDMI, ( my adapter is MIA at the moment ) but usb ports with flash drives do work fine.   Charging, seems to be working as well.

Not yet had a lockup after a few hours of 'playing' with it. Ill let it sit later today for a bit and run youtube or something to heat it up.

The screen also appears to be fine other then the 'watermark' and the little bubbles, but if it dues turn out to be a manufacturing protector ( not shipping protector ) that got left on, i think my LCD will be fine as I didnt notice any dead pixels, or strange visuals.
So i finally went ahead and pulled the top of the bezel loose so i could see and get my finger nails in there. It was a plastic sheet as we expected, but there was no way to get to it with the bezel still on ( as i suspected ). Not sure,but the lower part of the bezel may be glued on ? I didnt force it as i had just enough room only removing the 2 screws on top and unsnapping it there. No reason to risk more.

But its off and the print is gone with it.. so that is all that matters Smile

(11-04-2019, 09:19 PM)fire219 Wrote: That is in fact the screen protector used when the bare screens are shipped to the factory. If you can get a grasp on it, it should be removable.

I do not know if it is possible to remove the bezel without damaging the screen.

Somehow i missed this post, but i did end up getting it off ( see the post above )..

thanks for the help tho Smile