Permanent Watermark?
This may have been talked about but it appears that i have a permanent watermark of what might be the serial number, upside down, in the lower left of the screen.  

Is there a way to turn this off somehow?

EDIT: just noticed its there even when powerd off, but REALLY hard to see then.

I guess its burnt into the screen. so i have a bad LCD.  arrrgh. after waiting all this time Sad    How do we open up an issue with pine?
(11-04-2019, 12:06 PM)Nurb432 Wrote: I guess its burnt into the screen. so i have a bad LCD.  arrrgh. after waiting all this time Sad    How do we open up an issue with pine?

Tag one of the Pine team in your post, or submit your issue to the appropriate email. I'd probably try pinebook@pine64.org, unless they suggest a more relevant one.
(11-04-2019, 12:57 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 12:06 PM)Nurb432 Wrote: I guess its burnt into the screen. so i have a bad LCD.  arrrgh. after waiting all this time Sad    How do we open up an issue with pine?

Tag one of the Pine team in your post, or submit your issue to the appropriate email. I'd probably try pinebook@pine64.org, unless they suggest a more relevant one.

I did submit a support ticket. I found that just after i posted.

I *hope* that there is just some sort of screen protector and its printed on there, that i can remove ( but it doesn't seem obvious, like most are ). Else, its gotta go back home for repair Sad
(11-04-2019, 01:08 PM)Nurb432 Wrote:

I *hope* that there is just some sort of screen protector and its printed on there, that i can remove ( but it doesn't seem obvious, like most are ). Else, its gotta go back home for repair Sad
If you lightly scratch over it with a fingernail, can you feel it raised from the screen?
(11-04-2019, 01:18 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 01:08 PM)Nurb432 Wrote:

If you lightly scratch over it with a fingernail, can you feel it raised from the screen?

No, you cant feel it.  However, there are 3 small bubbles elsewhere that look just like when you do a bad job putting a protector on. ( not dead pixels )

My hope is that perhaps its a protector ( under the bezel ) and its printed on there..  then i could just pull it off and replace it with something else..   of course not doing anything like that until i hear from support.   But with my luck it burnt into the LCD during testing, and ill have to box it back up and ship it back.
Picture it, please.
(11-04-2019, 02:29 PM)Kochise Wrote: Picture it, please.

[Image: 7s2CkvsXTRKMxIFO5LQ5VisEKsMj2FudfsmuedBT...63-h797-no]
(11-04-2019, 02:49 PM)Nurb432 Wrote:

The picture doesn't work, we don't have permission to see it. You need to upload it to a picture host.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

(11-04-2019, 04:44 PM)fire219 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 02:49 PM)Nurb432 Wrote:

The picture doesn't work, we don't have permission to see it. You need to upload it to a picture host.

weird, i can still see it. Ill put it somewhere in a little bit.

EDIT: does this work: [Image: 3RzyEQ3]  if not:  https://imgur.com/3RzyEQ3
(11-04-2019, 04:55 PM)Nurb432 Wrote: EDIT: does this work: [Image: 3RzyEQ3]  if not:  https://imgur.com/3RzyEQ3

My initial thought is that someone forgot to remove the plastic protector film from the panel before they closed it up. I would wait for support to get back to you just to be sure. I would imagine, if the bezel is easily removable, you will find a pull tab in one corner to remove that plastic sheet.