Pinebook Pro Fingerprint Magnet
I would love to see the option for maybe a Dark gray/black vinyl with the Pine logo in the middle.

Yes its simple, yes it would look like every other laptop. But for those of us who want a little more protection/customization.
-Happy Testing
(Posted from my Pinebook  PRO Mate)
Getting Paid to break your product (and make it better) since 2005
(11-06-2019, 08:51 AM)MrTester Wrote: I would love to see the option for maybe a Dark gray/black vinyl with the Pine logo in the middle.

Yes its simple, yes it would look like every other laptop. But for those of us who want a little more protection/customization.

Haha! Just before reading your suggestion, I was just thinking to myself "There will be a desire to have the logo involved, I should ask for a vector file of it."

That would be a quick one to setup!

Another question worth posing to the community, do we want to focus on just the lid, or should we look at including the areas around the keyboard/mouse, too? (The word for that piece slips my mind right now.)
(11-06-2019, 08:55 AM)tophneal Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 08:51 AM)MrTester Wrote: I would love to see the option for maybe a Dark gray/black vinyl with the Pine logo in the middle.

Haha! Just before reading your suggestion, I was just thinking to myself "There will be a desire to have the logo involved, I should ask for a vector file of it."

Another question worth posing to the community, do we want to focus on just the lid, or should we look at including the areas around the keyboard/mouse, too? (The word for that piece slips my mind right now.)

Palm rest perchance?
(11-06-2019, 08:57 AM)neilman Wrote:

Palm rest perchance?

Works for me!

Thinking about it more, though, it might just be something that's dependent upon the design. Simpler designs, especially the darker ones, wouldn't make sense to set up for the palm rest area. But for the crazy, colorful stuff (hoping to make at least one,) I think it'd be cool to make a skin that includes the palm rest plastic, and as much of the bottom case as possible.

@MrTester, for my own visualization, would it be fair to say that your suggestion would be similar to that of an old black MacBook lid, sans the light behind the logo?
(11-06-2019, 09:03 AM)tophneal Wrote:

Palm rest perchance?

Works for me!

Thinking about it more, though, it might just be something that's dependent upon the design. Simpler designs, especially the darker ones, wouldn't make sense to set up for the palm rest area. But for the crazy, colorful stuff (hoping to make at least one,) I think it'd be cool to make a skin that includes the palm rest plastic, and as much of the bottom case as possible.

@MrTester, for my own visualization, would it be fair to say that your suggestion would be similar to that of an old black MacBook lid, sans the light behind the logo?

Exactly. I figure this is commonly accepted as a decent looking style, and enough demand may be worth doing a sizable run. 

Also, the palm rest terminology may be interchangeable with bezel. I think that may be a nice advanced goal to get larger coverage around the unit.
-Happy Testing
(Posted from my Pinebook  PRO Mate)
Getting Paid to break your product (and make it better) since 2005
(11-06-2019, 09:21 AM)MrTester Wrote:

Palm rest perchance?

Works for me!

Exactly. I figure this is commonly accepted as a decent looking style, and enough demand may be worth doing a sizable run. 

Also, the palm rest terminology may be interchangeable with bezel. I think that may be a nice advanced goal to get larger coverage around the unit.
Bezel! That's word I forgot.

I agree, it'd be simple and easily appeal to many. I'm wondering, though if we should drop the use of color from anything but the logo, and use a transparent vinyl (if there's a feasible one) to let the lid show through as the background color. It should allow for easy placement of the logo, keep much of the original appearance (with room the customize further), and protection from skin oil. I'm going to do a little digging into that, unless @krishorne5 already knows.
Fingerprints, hmm, what if you waxed it with a good paste car wax?

Palm rest perchance?

Works for me!

I would not cover the bottom of the case - that would interfere with heat dissipation.
(11-12-2019, 11:10 AM)r59vde Wrote:

Palm rest perchance?

Works for me!

I would not cover the bottom of the case - that would interfere with heat dissipation.

We discussed this in another thread, per Luke, skinning the underside with a vinyl should not interfere with heat dissipation.
I think its a great idea to have dbrand-esque skins for this as wells as the PinePhone! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,907 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 302 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 238 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 227 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 554 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 619 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,223 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 1,999 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,130 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt