Pro NVMe adapter Does not fit ! ?
The wiki picture of the Pinebook Pro   I think is the original adapter.
The slotted post that holds the end of your ssd in place is too long and pushes against the underside of the touch pad.
If your adapter looks like the one in the picture,   it could be the original 'kit'  (?)
> I think I saw a post with a picture of the newer arrangement,  it looks like it has a longer ribbon cable, and sets lower compared the the speaker in the wiki picture. (?)
  (Though I believe that post complained the ribbon cable was too short)
Someone who got their PBP with adapter now (late Oct/ early Nov), please confirm that it works as intended. Thanks.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-01-2019, 09:45 AM)Luke Wrote: Someone who got their PBP with adapter now (late Oct/ early Nov), please confirm that it works as intended. Thanks.
Got my PBP today.  If someone can point me to some instructions, I'll give it a shot right now

( I'm running into an issue where the cable doesn't fit when the adapter is screwed into place)

Image 1

Image 2
(11-01-2019, 09:45 AM)Luke Wrote: Someone who got their PBP with adapter now (late Oct/ early Nov), please confirm that it works as intended. Thanks.

My Pinebook Pro shipped Oct 31st and showed up Nov 1, and after installing the NVMe adapter it loses the ability to click the trackpad in the upper left region.
I've installed a WDS500G1B0C into the adapter.

Edit:
- Photo of standoff added.
- For testing I've stuck the drive onto the board breakout board with some tesa 61395 tape, and there's no impediment with that.

bebop_man Wrote: ( I'm running into an issue where the cable doesn't fit when the adapter is screwed into place)

I ran into the same thing, I ended up folding my cable as that's what looked like was going on in the wiki photo.

I am however having issues with getting the machine to suspend now that the NVMe is installed.  Sleep states don't seem to work until Kernel 4.11, but this is a topic for a different thread.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20191102_144908.jpg (Size: 210.89 KB / Downloads: 501)
I have sent a copy of this message to Luke; he should be aware of the status of things at this point.

I'll be referencing some pictures, which can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/vLw22LO  

Based ENTIRELY on a visual inspection, the nvme adapter I got (keeping in mind I'm one of the 15 in the first batch) does appear to be the new version.  Comparing the "Expected Layout" to the picture on the wiki, the end of the nvme adapter extends further under the trackpad, so I believe the bottom of the cable is longer.

However, this causes a problem.  Namely, none of the mounting holes line up at all, which means the SSD is kinda just free-floating inside the case.  To remedy that, I drilled a hole in the nvme PCB (7/64" [imperial units, sorry] I believe) and taped over it.  You can see this here and here.  This seems to have worked "well enough".  It's not perfect, but it's taking most of the tension off of the cable.

I say "most".  There is one additional minor issue with the cable, shown in this picture.  In my laptop, at least, the cable (PCB-end) ever-so-slightly extends too far and is blocked by the screw standoff.  You can see how the light reflection changes where the cable is bent.  I don't believe this is will be a problem any time soon, and is only a potential problem down the road, but it's obviously less than optimal.

Having said all of that, with my mounting solution, I was able to close up the laptop, use it normally, and have the SSD be recognized.  I don't know what the original issue was other than "pushing against the trackpad", and I don't really see how this new longer cable fixes that problem, but I don't appear to be having the issue, so I guess whatever it was is now solved.  I get a little nervous by resting my palm on the laptop where the ssd is, but as far as I can tell doing so doesn't actually cause an issue.
@Luke 

Received my Pinebook Pro and NVMe adapter on Oct 31st in the same shipment.

NVMe adapter PCB is marked v2.1-2019-0809

Ribbon cable is marked PineBookPro_SSD 2019-07-30 S10173A

If the NVMe adapter is mounted, the trackpad has a noticeable bulge on the left side and it is impossible to connect the ribbon cable without some serious folds (which I did not attempt).

A couple photos: https://imgur.com/a/zERpMAf

Based on this, I'm assuming I did not receive an updated adapter kit, as this is unworkable as-is.
A64, SOPINE, Rock64, RockPro64, Pinebook1080p, Pinebook Pro, Pinephone, Pinewatch dev kit, Pinetab, Pinecil, Pinenut, Quartz64, Pinephone Pro, and PineNote (so far)
Yes. Ok, thanks for the report - will start dealing with this monday.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(11-02-2019, 11:06 AM)Luke Wrote: Yes. Ok, thanks for the report - will start dealing with this monday.

A pleasure - thanks for handling stuff like this!
A64, SOPINE, Rock64, RockPro64, Pinebook1080p, Pinebook Pro, Pinephone, Pinewatch dev kit, Pinetab, Pinecil, Pinenut, Quartz64, Pinephone Pro, and PineNote (so far)
Thank you everyone, for the feedback, pictures, and even work arounds. This helps the developers, support staff and people like me who want a NVME SSD drive.

Based on this information, I'll concentrate on other details first. Then, later order my own NVME adapter and SSD drive.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
If it is a helpful data point, I ordered the PBP back in late August and the same day placed an order for various accessories, including the "PINEBOOK Pro M.2/NGFF NVMe SSD Interface Adapter."  I received the accessories long ago and set them aside.

I just received my PBP on Nov 1.  Checking here first, I saw this thread before trying to install an SSD and waited.   I checked the packaging thoroughly.  Unless the part was already placed inside the PBP, no replacement items of any kind were included in the package - just the PBP and its power adapter.

Let me know if there's any further useful information I can provide.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Working nVME gilwood 0 155 02-12-2024, 08:46 AM
Last Post: gilwood
  NVME problems 2022 / Intel 660p 1TB Starbug 1 1,418 04-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Last Post: globaltree
Thumbs Up NVMe adapter, Great addition dachalife 2 1,725 11-28-2022, 12:56 PM
Last Post: dachalife
  NVMe drives not detected mattpenn 12 10,036 03-05-2022, 04:53 AM
Last Post: mattpenn
  NVme intall usage? tkudog 2 2,794 03-04-2022, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Tazdevl
  Anyone selling a spare NVMe adapter in Europe? tom.tomasz 1 1,793 01-03-2022, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tom.tomasz
  NVMe-related crashes and instability, plus a solution simonsouth 13 14,358 12-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Last Post: josmo
  Mini-Howto: ROCK64 USB 3.0 WIFI Adapter (Rabbit-ear) on Manjaro Dendrocalamus64 1 2,316 11-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  NVMe SSD testing methodology halogen 1 2,555 07-22-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: calinb
Question Battery stops charging and NVMe and other media disconnect randomly Eey0zu6O 4 4,630 07-09-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: moonwalkers