Key Presses Not Registering
(11-04-2019, 09:16 PM)fire219 Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 06:25 PM)CloudPlumber42 Wrote: Can someone point me in the right direction towards the track-pad firmware flashing utility? Thanks!

The updater and some firmware binaries are available here.

However, DO NOT FLASH THE FIRMWARE YET. The fixed firmware is not yet available, and flashing the firmware on that repo has a risk of going wrong and bricking both the touchpad and the keyboard.

We will make announcements when it will be a good idea to update the firmware.

Thank you for keeping us updated on this.  I'm more than happy to wait until it's safe, rather than jumping the gun and bork my whole input system. Tongue
(11-04-2019, 06:25 PM)CloudPlumber42 Wrote: Can someone point me in the right direction towards the track-pad firmware flashing utility? Thanks!

However, DO NOT FLASH THE FIRMWARE YET. The fixed firmware is not yet available, and flashing the firmware on that repo has a risk of going wrong and bricking both the touchpad and the keyboard.

Thank you very much! I would recommend putting that warning on the repo till it is ready to be used. I found that repo after some deep googling and gave it a try not knowing any better. My track-pad is still functional but miss-clicks and freezes the pointer consistently. It was this behavior that lead me back here to post in this thread thinking I had the wrong utility. This of course was the result of my ignorance that caused this, so I'm not trying to finger point here, I'm just saying the lack of available information does not make what you've said above clear to new users who might need saved from themselves like me Smile
(11-04-2019, 11:36 PM)CloudPlumber42 Wrote:

Thank you very much! I would recommend putting that warning on the repo till it is ready to be used. I found that repo after some deep googling and gave it a try not knowing any better. My track-pad is still functional but miss-clicks and freezes the pointer consistently. It was this behavior that lead me back here to post in this thread thinking I had the wrong utility. This of course was the result of my ignorance that caused this, so I'm not trying to finger point here, I'm just saying the lack of available information does not make what you've said above clear to new users who might need saved from themselves like me Smile

I wish I could subscribe to get a notice when this is ready to go. My touchpad feels a little laggy. Otherwise I'm loving my new laptop.
* tedder lurking for this.
Does this issue might have anything to do with awkward behavior that I'm observing, namely Alt-Shift-W combination does not result in any X event. It seems to be specific to this particular combination, for example Ctrl-Alt-W works and Alt-Shift-E works as well. Even though I'm pretty sure nothing binds to this key, I've tried running X session with just "exec xterm" in .xinitrc, followed by xev execution and still no event is present for Alt-Shift-W.
I'm gonna lurk just like tedder, has anyone who doesn't like having tap to click enabled tried just turning off the disable trackpad while typing?
I think most of the keyboard issues seem to go away with a few hours of running and using the PBP.
But the ISO keyboard may be causing some confusion as symbols are a little different.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
For those of us who made the mistake of jumping the gun with that update utility, but did not brick the trackpad altogether, is there a version of that utility that we can download to flash to original firmware back onto the PBP?
Please refer to this thread for information regarding the firmware.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

good news. I almost threw the PBP in the fireplace the other night. almost...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Key + Backspace/Arrow Keys not registering tslight 3 4,183 06-13-2020, 11:31 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx