Help me calulate customs and duties in USA
Question 
Hi all
I have just gotten my coupon and I am very excited but moving to the US came with extended bureaucracy, i am still learning to navigate around.
I have been trying to figure out the potential additional cost but I am getting numbers going up to $380 with all fees and stuff. 

Could someone who dealt with this before send me some guidelines?
Thanks in advance.
I have not had to pay any additional customs or duties in the US on any purchase I have made from pine64 to date, including on my pinebook1080.
A64, SOPINE, Rock64, RockPro64, Pinebook1080p, Pinebook Pro, Pinephone, Pinewatch dev kit, Pinetab, Pinecil, Pinenut, Quartz64, Pinephone Pro, and PineNote (so far)
(08-22-2019, 09:04 AM)neex Wrote: Hi all
I have just gotten my coupon and I am very excited but moving to the US came with extended bureaucracy, i am still learning to navigate around.
I have been trying to figure out the potential additional cost but I am getting numbers going up to $380 with all fees and stuff. 

Could someone who dealt with this before send me some guidelines?
Thanks in advance.

I second that I did not pay any additional customs on my PB1080 a few months ago.
-Happy Testing
(Posted from my Pinebook  PRO Mate)
Getting Paid to break your product (and make it better) since 2005
Late to the party, but I'll back up previous comments. I got my pinebook 1080 and it was delivered without any additional costs.

From past experience, customs costs are more likely on non-batched items. Obviously I'm an n of 1, so YMMV.
I'm sorry that I can't answer for the States.

But on that note - are there any German residents here who know how much to expect in extra Customs Tax/ VAT?
I live in Berlin and have received other large packages at my workplace and had the delivery guy asking for €14.38 EXACTLY in cash ONLY before I receive the package, something I find more than a little komisch und lustig. Big Grin

Deutschland ist ganz anders!
(aber noch ein schones land)
(09-28-2019, 06:45 AM)Eggmonkey Wrote: I'm sorry that I can't answer for the States.

But on that note - are there any German residents here who know how much to expect in extra Customs Tax/ VAT?
I live in Berlin and have received other large packages at my workplace and had the delivery guy asking for €14.38 EXACTLY in cash ONLY before I receive the package, something I find more than a little komisch und lustig. Big Grin

Deutschland ist ganz anders!
(aber noch ein schones land)

For the PBP: Checking on http://auskunft.ezt-online.de with TARIC 84713000 for Laptops ( https://www.aussenhandel.biz/wn/84713000 ) gives you a Drittlandszollsatz (Einfuhr from China) of 0%. This means it will "only" be EUSt. of 19% on everything (ie. cost + shipping cost). At about 220 € that would be ~ 41.80 € (unless shipped by DHL Express – they'll additionally charge a ~ 15 € processing fee, but I think it's regular DHL).
Just had a phone message from DHL Express that they want £49.29 for customs fee for delivery of my PinebookPro this Thursday
Do you have an option of how to pay?

(10-01-2019, 03:38 AM)neilman Wrote: Just had a phone message from DHL Express that they want £49.29 for customs fee for delivery of my PinebookPro this Thursday

How do they want payment? I'm also a £ user!
This is most likely just the VAT tax added to the price (+shipping? And maybe some handling fee added on top by DHL?), not a customs tariff, technically speaking. (Laptop import to EU should be without tariffs)
I just want to know if there is a option to pay for it online to release the package. As it's being delivered to a friend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Europe/EU import duties/taxes ? 46enip 3 5,742 05-28-2020, 03:34 AM
Last Post: veetech