PBP Coupon and Shipping Timeline
Update August 28th: Time for another update!

On the 25th, the forum preorders ended and public preorders began. At this point, all coupons have gone out. If you did not receive yours or it has expiry issues, you need to email pinebook@pine64.org about it by this Friday (the 30th).

First batch units (the first 100) are now in production! They will be shipping out very soon.

Second batch units will start production in late September or early October. The majority of these units are 128GB, and are going to the rest of those who entered the forum preorder system. However, about 200 units from this batch were not claimed in the early preorders, and instead are being sold as 64GB units in the first public preorders.

Previous Update from August 22nd:

Original post:
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

I have a question regarding the M.2 adapter. When I add both the adapter and the laptop in the cart, there are no shipping options to Germany. Is this expected? I saw in the description of the laptop that combined shipping with other products isn't possible but I figured that referred to other devices and not simple things such as an adapter...
(07-25-2019, 04:17 PM)Kraghot Wrote: I have a question regarding the M.2 adapter. When I add both the adapter and the laptop in the cart, there are no shipping options to Germany. Is this expected? I saw in the description of the laptop that combined shipping with other products isn't possible but I figured that referred to other devices and not simple things such as an adapter...

This isn't really the right thread to ask, but shipping anything with a lithium battery in it requires special regulations be followed, and it's more expensive than something more "inert". I would recommend buying the PBP and adapter in separate orders.
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Thanks for this update. I was freaking out. Haha!
Got my coupon code just a few minutes ago and I've only been and gone and bought one now.
$39 DHL delivery and all paid by Paypal.
I just know DHL will sting me rotten for import and VAT.

(cheeky) any chance you can mark it as a Gift - $17.50? (/cheeky)

Didn't really like the dead pixel possibility warning - fingers crossed I hope I don't get any - send me a good-un please :-)

Now comes the hard part - waiting for it to arrive.

So, for everyone else - the Pine shopping system is working fine.
Don't miss out - get yours today :-)
(07-25-2019, 06:42 PM)neilman Wrote: Didn't really like the dead pixel possibility warning - fingers crossed I hope I don't get any - send me a good-un please :-)

You're very unlikely to get one with dead pixels. That is just a liability warning. The rest of the text there is not wrong:

Quote:When fulfilling the purchase, please bear in mind that we are offering the Pinebook Pro at this price as a community service to PINE64, Linux and BSD communities. We make no profit from selling these units.

Pine64 does not run on any significant profit, so any Paypal disputes or chargebacks have a pretty large effect.

(07-25-2019, 06:50 PM)fire219 Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 06:42 PM)neilman Wrote: Didn't really like the dead pixel possibility warning - fingers crossed I hope I don't get any - send me a good-un please :-)

You're very unlikely to get one with dead pixels. That is just a liability warning. The rest of the text there is not wrong:

Quote:When fulfilling the purchase, please bear in mind that we are offering the Pinebook Pro at this price as a community service to PINE64, Linux and BSD communities. We make no profit from selling these units.

Pine64 does not run on any significant profit, so any Paypal disputes or chargebacks have a pretty large effect.

It was just the "tone" of that message - the only (minor) "downer" in the whole process, but thanks for the reassurance, and I do understand the penalty of using Paypal - hope I don't have to even consider the remotely tiniest possibility of complaining -other than asking for help.

It turned out that with the Pinebook and delivery converted to pounds came to £199.12 according to Paypal.
(07-25-2019, 04:09 PM)fire219 Wrote: I'm starting to see a lot of users starting to get worried about how they have not gotten their coupon yet.

It's not because we don't like you or that you were too late -- No one has gotten one yet! However, as of right now, everyone who has registered into the system will get one!

The sales team is in UTC+8 -- When preorders opened, it was 8pm their time, and as of my typing this (10 hours later), it is 5am! When they get back to work, that is when you might be able to start expecting coupons.

As for the distribution of coupons, I'll lay it out for you:

First early batch is 100 units. About 10 of those are going to developers. That means about 90 will be available for pre-orders. Coupons will be sent to the first 90 users to registered into the system, starting tonight (in Europe and US time zones) and over the next 72 hours or so. Those units will ship in about 4 weeks from now.

The second batch is much larger -- 1000 units, all dedicated to preorders. These coupons will start being sent out in a couple weeks and stretch out to about 6-7 weeks from now. Units ship about 8-10 weeks from now.

I hope this clears things up.

Are those of us who couldn't log in due to the 'mistake' just SOL on getting one of the first 90? I feel a bit whingey but it does seem unfair that only those with the same password as they had on the old forum had a chance, despite everyone following the same instructions
(07-25-2019, 07:08 PM)Unorthodactyl Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 04:09 PM)fire219 Wrote: I'm starting to see a lot of users starting to get worried about how they have not gotten their coupon yet.

It's not because we don't like you or that you were too late -- No one has gotten one yet! However, as of right now, everyone who has registered into the system will get one!

The sales team is in UTC+8 -- When preorders opened, it was 8pm their time, and as of my typing this (10 hours later), it is 5am! When they get back to work, that is when you might be able to start expecting coupons.

First early batch is 100 units. About 10 of those are going to developers. That means about 90 will be available for pre-orders. Coupons will be sent to the first 90 users to registered into the system, starting tonight (in Europe and US time zones) and over the next 72 hours or so. Those units will ship in about 4 weeks from now.

The second batch is much larger -- 1000 units, all dedicated to preorders. These coupons will start being sent out in a couple weeks and stretch out to about 6-7 weeks from now. Units ship about 8-10 weeks from now.

Are those of us who couldn't log in due to the 'mistake' just SOL on getting one of the first 90? I feel a bit whingey but it does seem unfair that only those with the same password as they had on the old forum had a chance, despite everyone following the same instructions

Unfortunately, yes. I do genuinely feel bad about the error. There no real way to correct for it, short of completely restarting preorders.

If it is any consolation: As it was, the first batch was filled up in just over two minutes. Without the error, it would have been filled up significantly faster. If you were outside that timespan, then you were going to miss it anyway.  Sad

(07-25-2019, 07:15 PM)fire219 Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 07:08 PM)Unorthodactyl Wrote:

Unfortunately, yes. I do genuinely feel bad about the error. There no real way to correct for it, short of completely restarting preorders.

If it is any consolation: As it was, the first batch was filled up in just over two minutes. Without the error, it would have been filled up significantly faster. If you were outside that timespan, then you were going to miss it anyway.  Sad

Could do it based on first IPs to connect to the site, I swear I must have been one of the first Tongue 

I've been waiting since January so it's not like I can't wait a little longer. Sorry for the hassle, I'm just too emotionally involved because I've been actively following this laptop for updates nearly every day since January & I stayed up very late (for me) to do the pre-order. Thank you for acknowledging this, fire

Sorry, changed my mind, I vote to restart pre-orders Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No shipping options available pre-ordering PBP? ramsey 2 3,091 04-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ramsey
  Help! Pinebook Pro Shipping Dimensions jamesmustain 2 3,960 12-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: tllim
  For Sale, ANSI 64GB, shipping to US rossk 0 2,044 08-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rossk
  trouble with shipping methods harakirisekaini 0 1,893 08-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Last Post: harakirisekaini
  PBP running shipping Manjaro won't wake from suspend fornio 2 4,381 07-21-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: vancheese
  Shipping time and cost estimates request janat08 1 3,046 05-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: janat08
  Looking to sell PBP ISO 128 eMMC for $150 + shipping luchtcm 1 3,461 05-11-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: luchtcm
  Shipping and virus concerns nabeel 3 4,731 03-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  Is it possible to use another shipping method? rekesz 5 7,395 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rekesz
  A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details Luke 221 221,057 01-20-2020, 09:50 PM
Last Post: greysuite