Supplied Resistors
I spotted in the getting started guide that you need to solider the resistor to the board to use ATX power. 

But I want to clarify exactly what to do? as there are 2 resistors and they don't both fit (legs don't reach)
(07-12-2019, 04:39 AM)Dreamwalker Wrote: I spotted in the getting started guide that you need to solider the resistor to the board to use ATX power. 

But I want to clarify exactly what to do? as there are 2 resistors and they don't both fit (legs don't reach)

I soldered one of the resistors, and I still cannot power up the board. Any information is greatly appreciated.
You did put a latching power switch on the power button connector didn't you? or in my case I used a normal motherboard jumper to permanently connect as I have a power switch on the PSU itself.
(09-06-2019, 05:57 AM)Dreamwalker Wrote: You did put a latching power switch on the power button connector didn't you?  or in my case I used a normal motherboard jumper to permanently connect as I have a power switch on the PSU itself.

I will try this once I get home. Maybe I can take a photo of what I have done with the resistor as a reference
Thank you!
The resistors were supplied as if you use a ATX PSU, it may need the power rails loaded so that it stays on / maintains a stable voltage. Since the Clusterboard uses the 5v rail, that power rail is loaded by the clusterboard itself. The ceramic power resistors go on the 3.3v and 12v rails as needed. Then you need the switch connected to J2, unless you have modified the PSU already to enable that.

Have a look at these images if you want to see what's what.

In my case, I don't use of the power resistors, as I supply 5v via the screw terminal block at the back. Also, I have some older 20 pin PSUs which don't seem to need the power lines to be loaded to remain running, but you mileage may vary. If you can get away with not using them, that would be great, as the 12v rail would be burning up around 1.2A (14.4W) and the 3v3 rail would be 0.3A (1.1W) of they are still supplying 10R / 10 ohm 15 W power resistors with the clusterboard.
hmm good to know about them resisters! It so happened my PSU (ATX) powered the board fine.

Those images could do with been in the docs somewhere. Guess wiki site?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the power resistors bergera 2 4,054 02-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: bergera