Root access and roadmap
Hello,
It's been a month since the last post in this forum and while i have my project "working" there is a ton of functionality that I thought i could get out of this board assuming an ASOP ROM with root access would be on the way.    Is this planned? I got two boards hoping that the RockPro64 could be the foundation of my projects but, not out of impatience just lack of being sure that this is still active, am thinking about moving to another arm board with more active development.  In any case: just a delay or is this not planned for the immediate future?
Thanks for your response
(06-13-2019, 09:37 AM)ender_saved Wrote: Hello,
It's been a month since the last post in this forum and while i have my project "working" there is a ton of functionality that I thought i could get out of this board assuming an ASOP ROM with root access would be on the way.    Is this planned? I got two boards hoping that the RockPro64 could be the foundation of my projects but, not out of impatience just lack of being sure that this is still active, am thinking about moving to another arm board with more active development.  In any case: just a delay or is this not planned for the immediate future?
Thanks for your response

Just released rooted version for ROCK64 and plan to release rooted version for ROCKPro64 Android 9 build on early July.
To say "I'm excited" underplays how excited i really am! thanks for the update. I have two projects (one hobby another potentially commercial) that I'm workin on now. glad to hear!
(06-19-2019, 12:11 PM)tllim Wrote: Just released rooted version for ROCK64 and plan to release rooted version for ROCKPro64 Android 9 build on early July.

Hi. I'm looking to obtain root on a ROCKPro64. What is the status on this?
Android 9 would be perfect.
Hi. @tllim. What's the status on creating rooted images for the ROCKpro64?
Update
1) I'm able to run `su` over `adb shell`
2) I have patched the boot partition with magisk manager and I am now able to gain root access from apps running Android 8.1. I expect that the same process is usable on other versions of Android as well.

As current version of Magisk Manager does not support the exact the format of the boot partition used in this Android build a workaround is needed. The process is described here:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issu...-541033453

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting root on RockPro64 Jix0 4 6,076 11-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Last Post: dkryder