PinePhone, PineTab and Pinebook Pro June Update
(06-07-2019, 03:50 AM)Luke Wrote: For those who want to discuss the newest update on the forum, please do so in this thread Smile

I do!

I have a concern regarding the upcoming Pinephone.  The videos I've seen so far all show it working, but with a CONSIDERABLE amount of lag.  My understanding is that the guts are more or less the same as the Pinebook, and my experience with that so far has been....slow.  (Which was expected, so that's not a complaint, just an observation.)

Are you expecting the pinephone to start responding much more quickly closer to release?  I assume that much of the current delay comes from non-optimized code, debugging, and the like, but I'd like someone affiliated with the project to comment on the situation.

Thanks!
heard about the original pinebook from the LTT video, excited to discover pinebook pro is coming. keep up the great work! cant wait for an ansi-keyboard model Smile
I have a question regarding the Pinebook Pro!
Does the Wifi Module support setting the transmit power?
If so, do the current open source drivers support such a feature?
(06-18-2019, 03:58 PM)vituous Wrote: I have a question regarding the Pinebook Pro!

The Wifi module in Pinebook Pro is AMPAK AP6256, you can explore yourselves on your question.
(06-18-2019, 11:27 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 03:58 PM)vituous Wrote: I have a question regarding the Pinebook Pro!

The Wifi module in Pinebook Pro is AMPAK AP6256, you can explore yourselves on your question.

Amongst news articles about the Orange Pi 3's use of the module I managed to find a specification sheet(for Rev. 1.3).
https://dl.radxa.com/rockpi/docs/hw/data...202017.pdf
In the above referenced sheet I saw no mention of tx or transmit power settings, but such changes could possibly be made by selecting certain frequencies and adding delays to output. In other words, I'm still not sure it's an option. Trying to find drivers just led me to the rockchip linux kernel.
Well, at least my RTL8723be is set to low transmit power.

Trying to set it with
https://hackingvision.com/2017/02/18/inc...-in-linux/
could reveal something...
Hej,
I poked around on the forum for a bit and did not find this question asked:
How possible or impossible would it be to have 8 GB of RAM in the Pinebook Pro? I wonder, because I feel that to "replace" a normal notebook 4 GB might be rather small, considering browser's memory hunger.

But I suppose the memory is on the chip, so depending on how far development is, this is probably too late to consider.

PS: yes, this is partly fueled by the awesome Pinetab survey
(06-22-2019, 06:38 PM)p3732 Wrote: Hej,
I poked around on the forum for a bit and did not find this question asked:
How possible or impossible would it be to have 8 GB of RAM in the Pinebook Pro? I wonder, because I feel that to "replace" a normal notebook 4 GB might be rather small, considering browser's memory hunger.

But I suppose the memory is on the chip, so depending on how far development is, this is probably too late to consider.

The rp64 only supports up to 4GB, the ram chips aren't in the SoC...
Do you guys know what the battery will be like on the Pinebook Pro? I know it's pre-production, but it looks like it's pretty close to shippable.
(06-26-2019, 12:34 AM)mattcfox Wrote: Do you guys know what the battery will be like on the Pinebook Pro?  I know it's pre-production, but it looks like it's pretty close to shippable.

The battery is very similar to that in the non-Pro Pinebook (both are 10,000mAh, ~37Wh). Due to the RK3399 SoC being a lot more power hungry than the A64 in the non-Pro, this will mean that battery life will be shorter to some extent. 

But given that battery life on the non-Pro is very good, you should still be able to expect several hours on a charge under reasonable load.

(Proper battery life testing hasn't been done yet on the Pro.)
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

Will it be possible to convert the ISO keyboard Pinebook to an ANSI keyboard pinebook by replacing the keyboard and the keyboard mask plate? I don’t think ISO keyboard would be an issue for me to get used to, but in case it ends up being a problem I would feel feel better knowing I could switch out the relevant components if i choose. Is there any reason aside from the availability of parts that I couldn’t?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,875 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,294 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,606 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,160 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,690 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,787 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,780 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo