PinePhone, PineTab and Pinebook Pro June Update
For those who want to discuss the newest update on the forum, please do so in this thread Smile
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Fantastic update, thanks Lukasz!

I can't wait for all 3 products to come out.
(06-07-2019, 04:45 AM)Beagle Wrote: Fantastic update, thanks Lukasz!

Me too,
Since the phone and tab have the same SOC it would be nice to develop & test apps on the tab that also can run on the phone. Since it will be too late for my summer holiday I'll probably try to get one for the xmas to play with. I'm looking forward to running KDE  Plasma Mobile on both, and trying QML apps.

But if the Pinebook Pro comes out first I'll probably be tempted to get that one first, as my linux laptop replacement.

I'm also looking forward for the creativity of people trying to use the pogo pins, maybe some 3D printable file can be shared for people to use as starting point for projects. Hopefully also an keyboard since I liked my Nokia N97 Smile
Yea, I too hope people will make use of the exposed i2c - there is a real potential for some really cool things.

Pinebook pro I'll definitely get with ansi keyboard
For the phone i2c maybe I'll make a BME280 thing for it for pressure, humidity and temperature if I get the phone (I use my phone once a week so might not be worth it)
I have the samsung S5 with a 10000mAH battery attachment for years now, might be interesting to mod a battery pack on the pine phone as well. I wonder how bad a 3d printed flexible/squishy TPU case is lol
(06-07-2019, 04:45 AM)Beagle Wrote: Fantastic update, thanks Lukasz!

+1

Waiting for the announcement of available pre-orders for tab and top, but mostly the tab. Smile Will that also be an ISO keyboard?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
My ROCKPro64 just arrived and I'm loving it. Which means that when the time comes and I can get my hands on a PineBook Pro, I'll probably love that too. And now, at a time when the PinePhone was already shaping up to be my next phone purchase, you announce inclusion of I²C for external expansion?! Say, are you accepting pre-preorders? Wink

Ordinarily, I'd be happy about the decision to leave out branding from the PineBook Pro's case... but with the amount of love this brand has already earned from me, it feels like a shame. Guess I'll just have to print a sticker...
(06-10-2019, 04:36 PM)Solra Bizna Wrote: My ROCKPro64 just arrived and I'm loving it. Which means that when the time comes and I can get my hands on a PineBook Pro, I'll probably love that too. And now, at a time when the PinePhone was already shaping up to be my next phone purchase, you announce inclusion of I²C for external expansion?! Say, are you accepting pre-preorders? Wink

Ordinarily, I'd be happy about the decision to leave out branding from the PineBook Pro's case... but with the amount of love this brand has already earned from me, it feels like a shame. Guess I'll just have to print a sticker...

No need to print stickers - we will most certainly include some in the packaging Wink Speaking of stickers - I'll talk to TL, perhaps we could have nice colour ones for the PB Pro.

(06-10-2019, 04:46 PM)Luke Wrote: No need to print stickers - we will most certainly include some in the packaging Wink Speaking of stickers - I'll talk to TL, perhaps we could have nice colour ones for the PB Pro.

Awesome!
(06-10-2019, 04:50 PM)Solra Bizna Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 04:46 PM)Luke Wrote: No need to print stickers - we will most certainly include some in the packaging Wink Speaking of stickers - I'll talk to TL, perhaps we could have nice colour ones for the PB Pro.

Awesome!

Nice! I like the idea of some stickers too, a nice looking one of the Pine logo would be great Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab-V and PineTab 2 Launch - here's what you need to know Luke 8 2,883 07-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,443 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,780 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,172 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,696 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,192 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,516 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 165,015 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,888 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,010 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo