Contributing to the webpage
Information 
Hi all,

As many of you probably saw by now, we've got a new website. One of the reasons for the change of the website is to provide exposure to ongoing PINE64-related projects (be it partner-projects or one-off personal projects utilizing PINE64 gear) and have the page be something more than a store-front.

To this end I'd like to encourage anyone who wants to write something - or to change anything on the website for the matter - to get involved. You can write a post about your project, showcase what you're building or write your experience with whatever PINE64 hardware you're using - anything goes.

If you're interested, let me know on here or find me online in one of the chats.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Is this why I'm finding lots of broken links to product pages? Such as:

https://www.pine64.org/?product=rockpro6...rface-card

This just goes to the home page, now.
(05-08-2019, 01:10 PM)markb1 Wrote: Is this why I'm finding lots of broken links to product pages? Such as:

Yea, good catch. Point out the broken links locations please.

(05-08-2019, 01:11 PM)Luke Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 01:10 PM)markb1 Wrote: Is this why I'm finding lots of broken links to product pages? Such as:

Yea, good catch. Point out the broken links locations please.

That link is from here:

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/ROCKPr...ATA_drives

But if you google the product link, you'll find a bunch of other references. It's better to fix the website than the references to the website, IMO.
Ah, so wiki links?

I thought there were dead links on the webpage. You can use your forum login on the wiki and edit the links yourself.

Just google "www.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-pci-e-to-dual-sata-ii-interface-card". The wiki can be fixed, but that doesn't fix the root problem.
(05-08-2019, 02:28 PM)markb1 Wrote: Just google "www.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-pci-e-to-dual-sata-ii-interface-card". The wiki can be fixed, but that doesn't fix the root problem.

let me sleep on it.

For that link, if you replace

www.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-pci-e-to-dual-sata-ii-interface-card

with 

store.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-pci-e-to-dual-sata-ii-interface-card

it will work ... i.e. replace the www at the front with store, and you're good to go... 

Might be a challenging one to fix... there was never a clear separation between the product pages and shop - i.e. a /store/ directory, so there's no easy "redirect all /shop/etc traffic to shop.pine.org" rule you can put in place. Unless there is some way to redirect based on the ?product part of the URL, it goes in the "too hard basket", I think. 
(05-09-2019, 04:03 AM)pfeerick Wrote: Unless there is some way to redirect based on the ?product part of the URL, it goes in the "too hard basket", I think.

Of course there is! One way is to put a little script on the page that examines the part of the URL after the question mark, compares it against a list of known products, and redirects to the store.
(05-09-2019, 04:03 AM)pfeerick Wrote: For that link, if you replace

www.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-pci-e-to-dual-sata-ii-interface-card

with

store.pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-pci-e-to-dual-sata-ii-interface-card

it will work ... i.e. replace the www at the front with store, and you're good to go...

Might be a challenging one to fix... there was never a clear separation between the product pages and shop - i.e. a /store/ directory, so there's no easy "redirect all /shop/etc traffic to shop.pine.org" rule you can put in place. Unless there is some way to redirect based on the ?product part of the URL, it goes in the "too hard basket", I think.

(05-09-2019, 11:53 AM)markb1 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 04:03 AM)pfeerick Wrote: Unless there is some way to redirect based on the ?product part of the URL, it goes in the "too hard basket", I think.

Of course there is! One way is to put a little script on the page that examines the part of the URL after the question mark, compares it against a list of known products, and redirects to the store.

Code:
if(isset($_GET['product'])) {
$pid = $_GET['product'];
header("Location: //shop.pine64.org/?product=$pid");
}

this will work (tested too), header needs to be on the top of the main index page though, unless you set php full page buffering on