LCD Troubleshooting Help
I have been trying to get a Pine64 touchscreen LCD working with my A64+ 1 GB board and have about given up.

Apparently I'm not using the correct terms to search the forums or something, because in my quest to RTFM, I can't even FIND TFM, so I'm going to try the direct approach.

In order to determine whether I'm dealing with a hardware issue (i.e. the LCD itself, or the connections), or a software / OS issue, I'd appreciate it if someone would please answer the following questions:

How do I determine if the LCD is connected properly?  I see no activity - not even the backlight - during boot.

Are there voltages that can be measured with a DVOM on the ribbon connector that will tell me if the LCD is receiving power from the board?

Should I be seeing some indication of the LCD being detected in dmesg if booting Armbian?

Is there a current image that automatically detects and supports the LCD with or without touchscreen?  

Put another way, what current images - of any type,  Linux, Android, or other - support the LCD with little or no tweaking required?  

I've tried the most recent Armbian Linux images, editing armbianEnv.txt as directed, and I've tried what I think are the most current Android 7 and 6 images but I'm not sure I've made the correct changes in the (name escapes me at the moment) config file.

Constructive suggestions and help appreciated...flames can be directed to /dev/null.

Thank you.
(05-05-2019, 12:57 PM)k0mxl Wrote: I have been trying to get a Pine64 touchscreen LCD working with my A64+ 1 GB board and have about given up.

Apparently I'm not using the correct terms to search the forums or something, because in my quest to RTFM, I can't even FIND TFM, so I'm going to try the direct approach.

In order to determine whether I'm dealing with a hardware issue (i.e. the LCD itself, or the connections), or a software / OS issue, I'd appreciate it if someone would please answer the following questions:

How do I determine if the LCD is connected properly?  I see no activity - not even the backlight - during boot.

Are there voltages that can be measured with a DVOM on the ribbon connector that will tell me if the LCD is receiving power from the board?

Should I be seeing some indication of the LCD being detected in dmesg if booting Armbian?

Is there a current image that automatically detects and supports the LCD with or without touchscreen?  

Put another way, what current images - of any type,  Linux, Android, or other - support the LCD with little or no tweaking required?  

I've tried the most recent Armbian Linux images, editing armbianEnv.txt as directed, and I've tried what I think are the most current Android 7 and 6 images but I'm not sure I've made the correct changes in the (name escapes me at the moment) config file.

Constructive suggestions and help appreciated...flames can be directed to /dev/null.

Thank you.

Here is the 7" installation guide that posted on wiki link: http://files.pine64.org/doc/guide/PINE64..._Guide.pdf

The easy way to check on whether the installation is correct not is using stock Android build and here is the link: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A...ndroid_6.x, select the OS build that has LCD output.