Performance issues
I have a 2GB version with wifi, and I've gotten remixos, android, and ubuntu to boot, but I'm having severe lag and/or "not responding" popups on all OSs and all programs.  I've tested my SD card and it's fine,  I get 9MB/s writes and 30MB/s reads and no errors.  so far remix OS is the worst performance, and I was about to try debian instead of ubuntu but now files.pine64.org is down.

I'm using a 2A wall charger and have tried a few cables, but my understand is that if it boots that shouldn't be a problem.

what do I need to look at to figure out what's going on?
Same thing here.
I using the power cables that i've got from PINE64.
I didn't test my sd card.
In my case, the led keeps beeing red. I can't have it green.
What about you?
(04-24-2016, 02:15 PM)octopus Wrote: Same thing here.
What about you?
The red led should be red and just indicates power on, so if you wait for it to become green, well, i wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk
Still a linux newbie with several EEE-PCs, PI's, LattePanda and some Desktops/Laptops running Win10. Now also proudly using Pine64+ 2GB and gigabit LAN
the early boards had green LEDs, and the "final" boards have red.

after letting it sit overnight on remixos a few play store things updated and it seems to have gotten a lot better, mostly usable. my fire phone with CM11 on it and my Ouya are still far more snappy, so it still not what I think it could be.
(04-24-2016, 02:56 PM)androsch Wrote:
(04-24-2016, 02:15 PM)octopus Wrote: Same thing here.
What about you?
The red led should be red and just indicates power on, so if you wait for it to become green, well, i wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk

lol xD

Thanks
(04-23-2016, 08:15 PM)chrwei Wrote: I have a 2GB version with wifi, and I've gotten remixos, android, and ubuntu to boot, but I'm having severe lag and/or "not responding" popups on all OSs and all programs.  I've tested my SD card and it's fine,  I get 9MB/s writes and 30MB/s reads and no errors.  so far remix OS is the worst performance, and I was about to try debian instead of ubuntu but now files.pine64.org is down.

I'm using a 2A wall charger and have tried a few cables, but my understand is that if it boots that shouldn't be a problem.

what do I need to look at to figure out what's going on?

I'm having the same issue. Tried both Remix OS and Ubuntu, and both seemed very choppy. I was also unable to play any sounds from apps or programs using either OS. I did however hear some random clicking sounds every once and awhile.

I just ordered a new SD card to see if that fixes the problem, as I'm not exactly sure how to test the speed of the one I have, but I know it's an old card.
the card test program on the wiki shows the speed as it tests the card.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time user experiencing weird keyboard issues kendew 5 6,024 06-19-2021, 08:14 AM
Last Post: rotwang
  RockPro64 ethernet issues: DMA engine initialization failed slowcamp 1 3,010 04-26-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: slowcamp
  WiFi issues Pinebook Pro sunnystormy 6 8,859 05-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Luke
  wifi issues george2524 9 10,573 06-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Network issues, possibly not booting? [Solved] Ryanteck 3 5,200 06-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Last Post: xalius
  Ubuntu Video Performance mliebski 1 3,104 07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Last Post: MarkHaysHarris777
Thumbs Down Issues with Android mliebski 0 1,969 07-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Last Post: mliebski
  generall network interface issues Sandman01 9 10,129 05-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Sandman01