Tracking info doesn't make sense
https://t.17track.net/en#nums=LL171118195CN

From the above, it shows that on April 25, the item was updated to be ready for dispatch and for the Origin, it was updated to say "离开深圳市 发往汉城" which a translation site says means "Leaving Shenzhen City to Seoul". And it says that it's coming from China Post.

But previously, it showed that it was coming via China EMS and on April 18, it showed it as having been updated made ready for dispatch and with the same origin statement of "离开深圳市 发往汉城".

And when I go to https://track.aftership.com/china-post/LL171118195CN?

I see China Post tracking saying that on April 18, the item went through customs. On April 19, it was transferred to the airline. And on April 25, it cleared customs and was transferred to the airline, both apparently for a second time.

Through email, all I got was a pine64 rep saying that hopefully it's made it aboard the plane but I have no idea if it has. For all I know, it's heading back to Chinese customs for a third time. It seems to be going back and forth between the plane and customs.
for china this is not uncommon. once it clears customs it then waits to be put on a plane out. if the packet does not make the plane then it is returned to wait for next opportunity. i don't know if they have secure holding area between customs and plane so it gets scanned again. this has happened to me. also, i get the feeling that these china post packets are pretty low on the totem pole and stuff like express gets bumped up even if it arrives after the post packets. i've read that china has cut back on cargo being on passenger planes also but do not know if that is a fact.
(04-29-2019, 03:28 AM)dkryder Wrote: for china this is not uncommon. once it clears customs it then waits to be put on a plane out. if the packet does not make the plane then it is returned to wait for next opportunity. i don't know if they have secure holding area between customs and plane so it gets scanned again. this has happened to me.  also, i get the feeling that these china post packets are pretty low on the totem pole and stuff like express gets bumped up even if it arrives after the post packets. i've read that china has cut back on cargo being on passenger planes also but do not know if that is a fact.

Thanks for the information. It's also annoying that it seems china post doesn't update anything once they give it to the airlines.
well, i live in united states and most of the time china post will list the departure but after that it is the usps responsibility to update the package movement in their track system. and usps usually will list most of the china movement like reporting preparing and then when it reportedly left. sometimes my china stuff goes to germany first then either new york, chicago, or LA. also it depends on where in china it is coming from hong kong is best in my experience. Shanghai Pudong is ok and Xian Xianyang has problems. i think they have fewer flights though. i think pine64 uses one of the Shanghai airports although not sure which one.
(04-29-2019, 01:34 PM)dkryder Wrote: well, i live in united states and most of the time china post will list the departure but after that it is the usps responsibility to update the package movement in their track system. and usps usually will list most of the china movement like reporting preparing and then when it reportedly left. sometimes my china stuff goes to germany first then either new york, chicago, or LA.  also it depends on where in china it is coming from hong kong is best in my experience. Shanghai Pudong is ok and Xian Xianyang has problems. i think they have fewer flights though. i think pine64 uses one of the Shanghai airports although not sure which one.

From what I see, they're using Shenzhen.

And Hong Kong is essentially a different country from China and not really indicative of China at all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 doesn't boot dstallmo 1 255 03-16-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  doesn't boot, no video cjyar 7 7,986 11-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Last Post: ab1jx
  New ROCK64 doesn't boot p3ntium 18 18,690 06-03-2018, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  u-boot doesn't receive packets over ethernet hibernick 3 4,017 01-12-2018, 12:38 AM
Last Post: hibernick
  SD Card Doesn't Boot Rock64 phredman98 3 6,496 09-24-2017, 07:40 AM
Last Post: phredman98