Manjaro ARM for Pinebook
"Exclamation All you need to install Manjaro on the Pinebook

manjaro-arm-installer"

As mentioned by Schiff.

I tried, but failed. Two of the required dependencies are not in the distro nor are they available from the repository. That is on top of the audio issue that I cannot seem to solve.
Added Manjaro I3(Pinebook1080P) 19.04 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
Updated Manjaro KDE (Pinebook1080P) 19.04 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
Updated Manjaro LXQT (Pinebook1080P) 19.04 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
(04-14-2019, 07:34 AM)unixfox Wrote: How did you install it on the eMMC? I struggle to do it, I can't find any tutorial about that.

Simple and fast solution is booting from sd and making from command line something like this:

dd if=/dev/whereversd of=/dev/whereeveremmc bs=1M

You need location on dev of your storage before.
Quote:Simple and fast solution is booting from sd and making from command line something like this:

Unfortunately my SD cards are all over 16GB (except for a C4 that has only booted Armbian) so this method was not possible for me. For anyone else in a similar situation, I was able to inistall Manjaro to the eMMC by booting from the SD, getting the .img.xz file onto the SD and then ran
Code:
xzcat /path/to/manjaro.img.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/emmcp1 bc=1M
I didn't have to extract the .img file, and it took only a few minutes.
(05-28-2019, 02:35 AM)erchache2000 Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 07:34 AM)unixfox Wrote: How did you install it on the eMMC? I struggle to do it, I can't find any tutorial about that.

Simple and fast solution is booting from sd and making from command line something like this:

Well, I just tried this (And failed, of course). I gathered the correct device names using Parted and use DD just like you described. It was working for a while, then ended with "16GB's copied" and such but also mentioned 'ran out of space on device' but I'm guessing this is to be expected with a simple block-for-block copy command. 

Upon trying to boot from the EMMC drive it will initially try to boot Manjaro (it used to be that ancient KDE Neon install, so something happened at least) but it halts and drops me into an emergency shell:

[Image: full.jpg]

I don't know where or how to continue from here. 

The SD card used is 16GB's just like the internal EMMC (I was warned against using a larger source) but it seems they do differ in size by 0,1GB in favor of the SD card.
(06-12-2019, 06:50 AM)trigger Wrote:

Well, I just tried this (And failed, of course). I gathered the correct device names using Parted and use DD just like you described. It was working for a while, then ended with "16GB's copied" and such but also mentioned 'ran out of space on device' but I'm guessing this is to be expected with a simple block-for-block copy command. 

Upon trying to boot from the EMMC drive it will initially try to boot Manjaro (it used to be that ancient KDE Neon install, so something happened at least) but it halts and drops me into an emergency shell:

The SD card used is 16GB's just like the internal EMMC (I was warned against using a larger source) but it seems they do differ in size by 0,1GB in favor of the SD card.

Have you tried using the xcat command I posted above? If the SD is bigger than the eMMC, it should work, and you'll be able to boot into the fresh install within minutes.
Added Manjaro KDE (Pinebook1080P micro SD to eMMC Boot) 19.04 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer
(06-20-2019, 01:52 AM)pineadmin Wrote: Added Manjaro KDE (Pinebook1080P micro SD to eMMC Boot) 19.04 on Wiki and Pine64 Installer

Color me intrigued. Did you guys do that especially for me? Heart 

On a serious note: What system does this use to install to EMMC? If it's still based on DD I might run into issues, the smallest SD I still have lying around is 16GB, and at that slightly larger (by .1 of a GB) than the internal EMMC, rendering my DD attempts useless.

(06-18-2019, 12:22 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 06:50 AM)trigger Wrote:

Have you tried using the xcat command I posted above? If the SD is bigger than the eMMC, it should work, and you'll be able to boot into the fresh install within minutes.

I have not done so (yet) but if this recent addition to the installer is any good, I might not have to, so I'll try that first Smile.
Does GPU accelleration work in Manjaro KDE 19.06?

I've just found the Pinebook 11,6" 1080p OS table and it says "No?" (though it hasn't been updated since December 2018).

For KDE Neon the option says "Yes?", so I'm slightly confused.
I haven't booted mine up to check for updates over the weekend, but if this post is any indication (https://forum.manjaro.org/t/post-19-06-updates/92791) then we should start seeing video acceleration in 19.06. That is if Strit updated 19.06 to use kernel 5.1 or 5.2. Again, I cannot confirm this as my Pinebook is not with me, and the update to 19.06 still showed a modified 5.0 kernel in use on the Pinebook, but maybe someone else can chime in and give a more definite answer.

EDIT: Checked my Pinebook last night, Manjaro install reports using kernel 5.0.3 (I think, certainly 5.0.) If you compile a version of mainline kernel, lima, and lima-mesa, you should see some hardware acceleration.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DietPi OS for Pinebook MichaIng 3 5,143 03-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: oxoocoffee
  Slarm64 on Pinebook [Slackware Arm - 64 bit] KRT 46 59,538 09-26-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: mara
  Broke pinebook GUI, what to do, fix or install new? acruhl 2 771 07-13-2023, 05:43 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  Orignal PineBook jwp1000 1 603 07-10-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook no longer boots rjtanner 12 3,232 04-13-2023, 01:09 PM
  Stock Debian on original Pinebook moonwalkers 1 3,114 01-29-2022, 10:37 PM
Last Post: cel
  Write image to eMMC - Pinebook 11.6" irongarment 4 3,659 01-04-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: irongarment
  E: The repository 'http://pinebook.kde.org.uk bionic Release' no longer has a Release pixelpaperyarn 3 5,081 05-07-2021, 10:20 AM
  pinebook.kde.org.uk no longer has release file?? supermassive 1 3,713 01-20-2021, 11:18 AM
Question Ran apt update on my Pinebook.. ford442 0 2,733 12-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: ford442