FOSDEM 19 Announcements Discussion
Hi, did this happen? (it's 630am were I am) Can you post a link please? ta
(04-21-2019, 04:42 PM)RMJ250 Wrote: Hi, did this happen? (it's 630am were I am) Can you post a link please? ta

22:00 GMT on Sunday the 28th. This Sunday.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

oops, sry, so excited got the wrong date. It will be 5am where I am but can you give us a hint where the live stream will be in case I am up? I am up usually around 6am so 5am is not a stretch, failing that can you post a link?
(04-22-2019, 07:46 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: oops, sry, so excited got the wrong date. It will be 5am where I am but can you give us a hint where the live stream will be in case I am up? I am up usually around 6am so 5am is not a stretch, failing that can you post a link?

Yep, I'll try to get a link up online tomorrow for the livestream ... if I can figure out how to do generate one Wink

(04-22-2019, 09:03 AM)Luke Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 07:46 AM)RMJ250 Wrote: oops, sry, so excited got the wrong date. It will be 5am where I am but can you give us a hint where the live stream will be in case I am up? I am up usually around 6am so 5am is not a stretch, failing that can you post a link?

Yep, I'll try to get a link up online tomorrow for the livestream ... if I can figure out how to do generate one Wink

Well. It's youtube. So .... there are video's to educate you ;-)

More generic. Is there a rough expectation for the pinetab pro as a deliverable?

The specs look great to me. And it's just the sort of tinkering device I am looking for.
2 terminal sessions side by side is a common way I use my work windows laptop to connect to other devices (ssh) and a webbrowser for the occasional webinterface and something to run RDP sessions.
For those of you who want to hang out Sunday night, have a chat and check out the new toys.

It is tragic that the focus in phone marketing is "respecting your privacy" when it should be "respecting your sovereignty".  If attention could be shifted to that standard, the shortcomings of Android and iOS would be much easier to highlight and the need for an open operating system becomes plain.  After all, even a prisoner gets some privacy... when the jailers allow it.

Any updates on the CUBE?
(04-25-2019, 09:30 AM)wood Wrote: It is tragic that the focus in phone marketing is "respecting your privacy" when it should be "respecting your sovereignty".  If attention could be shifted to that standard, the shortcomings of Android and iOS would be much easier to highlight and the need for an open operating system becomes plain.  After all, even a prisoner gets some privacy... when the jailers allow it.

Any updates on the CUBE?

Very Good point. In general I feel that much of the 'privacy' talk in the broader community is highly superficial because, as you rightly point out, it boils down to "I don't want companies or their employees to look at my selfies" rather questioning the rights of third parties to do so in the first place.
Inviting a higher degree of complexity to this discussion, which spans a broad spectrum from the legal to the ontological (e.g. what constitutes a right? / where do rights to x and y come from? / do we even have a right? etc.,) is something that will inevitably happen at some point. But questioning living in a jail, rather than being outraged at a guard peeping while you piss, is sadly something very few people from the general public will  follow - in part due to the same reason few people can define or spell the word sovereignty. I simply think that privacy is more catchy, simple and immediately obvious and therefore also broadly used.

[edit] The person whos meant to deal with the SONY sensor is indisposed / unavailable at the moment, so its on hold.

Will try and catch the stream! Will you be mentioning the Pinebook upgrade & PineTab, or are they for another session?
[ PHP Developer | Pinebook 1G | About me ]
I missed the stream, (turns out 5am was too early for me), can't click on the link above for some reason : (

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  December Community News Discussion Luke 2 7,454 01-19-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  July Community Update discussion Luke 49 67,764 08-04-2020, 02:31 AM
Last Post: agD0i7rY
  February community update discussion Luke 0 3,373 02-15-2020, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Luke
  FOSDEM 2020 and New Hardware Luke 0 4,692 02-03-2020, 10:40 AM
  We'll be at FOSDEM 2020 Luke 6 12,429 02-03-2020, 02:20 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  January Community Update discussion Luke 10 15,342 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ecs
  December Community Update discussion thread Luke 11 18,755 12-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Last Post: soupbowl
  RockPro64 and Pine H64 Discussion Thread Luke 85 149,563 02-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Bullet64
Star FOSDEM 2019 Blog! Pinebook Pro, PinePhone Dev Kits and much more! Luke 1 172,634 02-11-2019, 04:40 PM
  PINE64 FOSDEM dinner, sat 3 Feb @ 8PM tllim 8 14,644 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: tllim