Armbian images available
(03-25-2021, 02:12 PM)bg002h Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 09:45 PM)TRS-80 Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:02 PM)bg002h Wrote: is this project still around? I've tried several armbian versions and can't get mine to boot from any of them. I can boot ayufan minimal images. I'm hoping to set up this box to run an application that requires ubuntu...I also want to move the root to the NVME on the PCIE riser board. I have had this working briefly,but, it just sometimes refuses to boot ... even with no devices attached.

ROCKPro64 is a Supported device on Armbian.  Therefore it should "just work."

I installed it just the other day in fact and everything went flawless.

Maybe begin with basic troubleshooting like SD card, power, etc.
Thank you again for your reply! I followed current instructions properly and install of armbian was a breeze.
So installing armbian was a breeze…I did this on my second rockpro64…I just went back to try it on the first one and it gets stuck starting what I presume are various bits of the kernel and basic OS services (like right now, it’s hung on starting NTP server. 

oh well, that’s why one buys two I suppose!
Has anyone had any luck booting Armbian from eMMC? The latest 5.1 release doesn't boot. 
From SD Card it works, but I would prefer eMMC.
I booted Armbian from emmc with no problem, do not know which version, it was a few months ago.
tried latest hirsute, loving it so far, im having trouble enabling audio on spdif (3.5mm jack), went into alsa to bump volume on headphones but nothing and volume manager does not have any duplicate device so dont know whats wrong and / or its is tweakable
For the sound, have you tried to increase the alsamixer DAC :
- in terminal execute alsamixer
- with left and right arrow select DAC
- increase level
(09-18-2021, 02:35 PM)NightCrawler504 Wrote: tried latest hirsute, loving it so far, im having trouble enabling audio on spdif (3.5mm jack), went into alsa to bump volume on headphones but nothing and volume manager does not have any duplicate device so dont know whats wrong and / or its is tweakable

I don't know the answer offhand, but you may get lucky in #armbian (IRC on libera.chat) or on their forums (greater chance of more eyeballs seeing / helping).
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
I'm looking to install a CLI version of Armbian on my rockpro64, hopefully a rolling version. It needs to be stable and long supported.

Would I be better off installing the Armbian 22.02 Bullseye (Debian) version, or the Jammy (Ubuntu and rolling) version?

Highest on the list of my requirements are Stable and Long support. Rolling would be a nice to have.
I'm edging towards the Bullseye variant.

Anyone with an opinion that they'd like to share? Thanks!
As always reporting on my finds...

Just tryed new desktop image of jammy in armbian and let me tell you, it just keeps getting better, they fixed (at least in my case) the weird bug that made you have to switch or unplug and plug back display so it worked after boot, so don't have to switch anymore display works all the way through load screen, also was able to install monkablyats docker with no issue and no hick ups works gr8 (wide vine for Netflix and Spotify) and Firefox does a gr8 job on videos with H264ify on 30fps, decided to install KDE plasma via tasksel and although it took a few runs Kongregate actually plays videos better then all other browsers (YouTube and straming/no widevine) it's more resource heavy but I'll pay the load for the extra eye candy.

If anything could go back xfce cause did notice a screen saver bug on KDE although it's turned off in settings keeps working worse case scenario I go back to xfce but still amazed with the progress and so happy to see that updates are still coming.

As always thanks for the hard work! my rp64 is glowing with eye candy now and what's more important it's working and doing all I want it to do better then ever. Thanks again, you guys rock!!

P. D.  did have trouble on first boot  if I had any usb device plugged on first run it wouldn't boot after first load (upgrade and update) issue dissapears but for those of you that want to try and your first boot isn't loading, might want to unplug all USB devices for first load...

Edit: Kongregate after a few debloating is doing 1080p in YouTube at a watchable quality 90/22000 drop rate in stats for nerds, so happy, Love you armbian❤️, also added psensor cause Temps don't show up in KDE and did not find any widget or gui for lm sensors
(04-19-2022, 02:28 AM)bas-r Wrote: I'm looking to install a CLI version of Armbian on my rockpro64, hopefully a rolling version. It needs to be stable and long supported.

I guess you don't realize that 'stable' and 'rolling' are opposite things.

'Long supported' is a function of resources. Armbian do pretty well, but after all they are only few guys and have been putting out calls for help more recently. So if you want support, I would suggest supporting the project in any way you can.
Cheers,
TRS-80

What is Free Software and why is it so important for society?

Protocols, not Platforms

For the most Linux-y experience on your Linux phone, try SXMO!

I am (nominally) the Armbian Maintainer for PineBook Pro (although severely lacking in time these days).
Wonder if armbian is thinking of giving support for their kernels on emmc, or if there is a work around, as far as I've read only 4.4 has support to be burned on emmc, I've been using jammy for a while and decided to make it permanent on emmc but only works if I use 4.4 kernel and video playback and security is just not the same

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Expose /dev/mali0 in armbian pedromiguel.sanchez 2 1,906 07-25-2022, 04:52 AM
Last Post: pedromiguel.sanchez
  Enable DSI/TD Ports on Armbian (jammy) dkebler 0 904 06-16-2022, 06:56 PM
Last Post: dkebler
  Armbian Jammy-Running fairly stable Rocklobster 0 1,139 05-04-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Rocklobster
  New OS for RockPro64 is here, TwisterOS Armbian jtremblant 91 86,445 04-03-2022, 01:44 PM
Last Post: davidlsbc
  Armbian is looking for maintainer for ROCKPro64 TRS-80 20 13,918 03-19-2022, 09:32 PM
Last Post: paralin1
  Armbian 22.02 Release Announcement TRS-80 0 1,111 02-28-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  OpenMediaVault: link from wiki or Armbian? Goffi 0 1,134 02-10-2022, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Goffi
Bug Unreliable display in Armbian and Debian ksattic 3 3,070 11-17-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: PakoSt
  HBA Card working on Aufan's builds but not in debian, armbian or dietpi charsi 1 1,822 10-29-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: TRS-80
  RockPro64 EDP in Armbian hannescam 2 2,478 10-15-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: hannescam