How to adjust trackpad speed?
Hello Pinebook users,

I recently received my pinebook ( got it within 1 day of getting the shipping notice!), and  browsing at past issues it seems i have saved from the laptop being damaged or having dead pixels.

However i have a couple of other issues that i hope to get assistance with:
To start off with i am trying to use KDE Neon OS that shipped with the laptop

1. The volume does not always work, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't if i get lucky and restart the laptop a couple of time

2. What is the default password that shipped with the laptop?

3. I am trying to change resolution but can't find the option for it, i have however managed to enlarge the text size because size 10 on a 11.6 is pretty small is this is coming from someone who has a pretty decent near sighted vision ( i don't use glasses)

4. How do you customize the touchpad  sensibility and speed?  The current speed that this was shipped as is horrendous, its impossible to use it even simplistic tasks

5. Laptop sometimes gets stuck when booting KDE neon, it freezes right before it loads the UI and just hangs on a black screen. I get this issue 25% of the time and the way i solve it is by pressing the power button and starting the laptop again.

Additionally, for any other pinebook users or even the team itself is there a more reliable OS you would recommend ? Can i simply install it on an sd card and boot from there or must i take out the EMMC that it came with?

I like the look of the laptop though with all the fees i ended paying close to $150, which is somewhat disappointing considering that this thing doesn't work properly '' right out of the box ''.

I knew what i read online and saw others post  so i came to view this product  as a ''tinkering'' machine that needed to be personally adjusted.

Thanks in advance
Lukas did a fairly good job answering most of those already:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=4516
I could not find anything on the link that gave me the default password these current pinebooks were shipped with
The printed paper on the package i received did not have this either

My main concern is the trackpad, which i also did not see mentioned on the link provided, i am actually surprised no one has brought this up since it moves as slow as a snail i have to use a mouse to make use of the cursor because the trackpad is so slow
(11-13-2018, 11:10 AM)Tofu Wrote: I could not find anything on the link  that gave me the default  password these current pinebooks were shipped with
The printed paper on the package  i received did not have this either

Sorry, it seems I posted the old link, this link

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=6443

says it's live/live and

Quote:My main concern is the trackpad, which i also did not see mentioned on the link provided, i am actually surprised no one has brought this up since it moves as slow as a snail i have to use a mouse to  make use of the cursor because the trackpad is so slow

Lukas kde neon post is here:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=6734

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Middle Mouse button emulation on trackpad? cvmiller 8 9,982 11-29-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: cvmiller
  How to adjust screen brightness? jschall 4 6,562 11-15-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: jschall