Change Mac address on Linux
I recently received my ROCK64 and installed various flavours of Linux on it. One thing I cannot seem to figure out is how to change the MAC address of ETH0.

On Armbian Bionic I tried putting it in /boot/armbianEnv.txt as etheraddr= or mac_addr=, I tried putting it in /etc/network/interfaces - all to no avail.
On Ayufan I was entirely unable to find anything to configure in this regard.

I read that a bunch of people complained about having ever changing MAC addresses on their board. I have not experienced that problem, but I want to set a specific MAC address - not fix the standard one.

Is there any way to do this? I could also recompile (part of) the DTBs if that is what it takes. I just need to know where I can find this setting (if at all). I can also install a new operating system.

I did find this; http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Set_Mac..._on_ROCK64 - which suggests it is possible on Android. I really do need a normal Linux though...

Anyone know how to do this?
(10-01-2018, 06:34 AM)fahr Wrote: I recently received my ROCK64 and installed various flavours of Linux on it. One thing I cannot seem to figure out is how to change the MAC address of ETH0.

On Armbian Bionic I tried putting it in /boot/armbianEnv.txt as etheraddr= or mac_addr=, I tried putting it in /etc/network/interfaces - all to no avail.
On Ayufan I was entirely unable to find anything to configure in this regard.

I read that a bunch of people complained about having ever changing MAC addresses on their board. I have not experienced that problem, but I want to set a specific MAC address - not fix the standard one.

Is there any way to do this? I could also recompile (part of) the DTBs if that is what it takes. I just need to know where I can find this setting (if at all). I can also install a new operating system.

I did find this; http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Set_Mac..._on_ROCK64 - which suggests it is possible on Android. I really do need a normal Linux though...

Anyone know how to do this?

Same method applies to Linux.
That is what I tried first, however, the tool has no success.

Reading times out and writing gives an error after a while and does nothing.

It also says "Found one Maskrom" at the bottom (instead of "Found one loader" as per the instructions).

Log says;

Start Writing...
Writing LANMAC...
LANMAC:1234567890ab
Write LANMAC fail
Elapse 12'47 seconds

so... not overly useful.
Do anyone understand what and where is written to set the MAC address in the procedure described in
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Set_Ma..._on_ROCK64 ?
How can i do this with linux machine with adb/rkdeveloptool/rkflashtool/etc...?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rock64 LCD compatibility for linux. AmroIb 0 1,764 05-04-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: AmroIb
  Reboot Issue with ROCK64 Linux version 4.4.77-rockchip-ayufan-141 techyjtmb 9 9,991 06-23-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: NablaMetal
  I want to change the resolution of the monitor. pine3228 5 6,596 03-01-2018, 02:58 AM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Archive of past Rock64 Linux Images? wbecks 3 3,974 01-03-2018, 05:24 PM
Last Post: dkryder
  MAC address changing WhiskerBiscuit 2 3,136 10-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Last Post: rmbusy
Video Kernel Panic on Rock64 linux tanisou 15 17,324 09-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Last Post: rmbusy
Brick Rock64 Linux Image Writing Scripts Codes and Tutorial MarkHaysHarris777 4 10,534 09-09-2017, 04:03 PM
Last Post: freebsd