Hello All,

@amator_1
Nice to know you succedded [Image: thumbsup.png]

v0.1.5 is out, with some improvements.

Hope you enjoy.
tux
Hello guys,
V0.1.6 is out.

Now also with triggers, to start/stop fan.
The priority is chosen like the situation..

If temp is up, priority is to run during more time, and with more power..
If temp is down, priority is to run during less time, and with less power, it means quietly

How you enjoy.
tux
(10-09-2018, 11:45 AM)tuxd3v Wrote: Hello guys,
V0.1.6 is out.

If temp is down, priority is to run during less time, and with less power, it means quietly

How you enjoy.
tux

Manyt many thanx
(10-10-2018, 03:13 AM)amator_1 Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 11:45 AM)tuxd3v Wrote: Hello guys,
V0.1.6 is out.

How you enjoy.
tux

Manyt many thanx

You welcome  Shy
Too Cool! Thx I had figured out how to to control the fan and read the temps but was lamenting having to write some code using sysfs

Does it log to say syslogs? So we can know when it has taken action

Can you add a little test code and maybe run that with a --test option.

When I do start it is does run the fan momentarily which I assume you wrote into the code as a check.

I'd just like some way to know if it's all working ok short of pointing a hairdryer to my chip.
(10-14-2018, 11:36 PM)dkebler Wrote: Too Cool!  Thx  I had figured out how to to control the fan and read the temps but was lamenting having to write some code using sysfs

Does it log to say syslogs?  So we can know when it has taken action

Can you add a little test code and maybe run that with a --test option.

When I do start it is does run the fan momentarily which I assume you wrote into the code as a check.

I'd just like some way to know if it's all working ok short of pointing a hairdryer to my chip.

Hello dkebler,

thanks, [Image: shy.png]
You can see the logs, by specifying the unit you want( fanctl ) to journalctl:
Code:
journalctl -u fanctl

You mean an option "--test",
It can be done, for example to dump information about CPU/GPU temps, and the state of fanctl, and pwm issued.

I will put it in the TODO list [Image: shy.png]
yea like in
fanctl --test
should output current cpu/gpu temps and then simulate the breakpoint temps to see if the fan spins accordingly outputting each simulated temp and pwm setting to console

In the source I see some print statements so I assume those can/are piped to syslog? Once I get more operational/hotter temps I'll want to follow this until I'm sure the fan control is working fine.
I have tried to install fanctl everything seems to install correctly. When i go and check the status i get process 1536 execstart=/usr/sbin/fanctl (code=exited, status=1/failure) i have checked and fanctl is in the correct directory. Any help to get this running.
(10-18-2018, 01:27 PM)y0sh Wrote: I have tried to install fanctl everything seems to install correctly. When i go and check the status i get process 1536 execstart=/usr/sbin/fanctl (code=exited, status=1/failure) i have checked and fanctl is in the correct directory. Any help to get this running.

Hello y0sh,

What happens when you do:
Code:
luarocks build  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tuxd3v/fanctl/master/fanctl-master-0.rockspec

Also, what is the result of the command:
Code:
uname -a

If the error continues, issue command:
service fanctl stop

after issue:
/usr/sbin/fanctl

What is the output?

(10-15-2018, 03:37 PM)dkebler Wrote: yea like in
fanctl --test
should output current cpu/gpu temps and then simulate the breakpoint temps to see if the fan spins accordingly outputting each simulated temp and pwm setting to console

In the source I see some print statements so I assume those can/are piped to syslog?  Once I get more operational/hotter temps I'll want to follow this until I'm sure the fan control is working fine.

Hello dkebler,
You can install a version that is now on master repo with for example:
luarocks build  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tuxd3v...0.rockspec

Then stop fanctl service( to be sure that its not another instance running.. )
service fanctl stop

then, start it in test mode:
/usr/sbin/fanctl --test

or

/usr/sbin/fanctl -t

regards
(10-18-2018, 03:43 PM)tuxd3v Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 01:27 PM)y0sh Wrote: I have tried to install fanctl everything seems to install correctly. When i go and check the status i get process 1536 execstart=/usr/sbin/fanctl (code=exited, status=1/failure) i have checked and fanctl is in the correct directory. Any help to get this running.

Hello y0sh,

What happens when you do:
Code:
luarocks build  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tuxd3v/fanctl/master/fanctl-master-0.rockspec

Also, what is the result of the command:
Code:
uname -a

If the error continues, issue command:
service fanctl stop

after issue:
/usr/sbin/fanctl

What is the output?

(10-15-2018, 03:37 PM)dkebler Wrote: yea like in
fanctl --test

In the source I see some print statements so I assume those can/are piped to syslog?  Once I get more operational/hotter temps I'll want to follow this until I'm sure the fan control is working fine.

Hello dkebler,
You can install a version that is now on master repo with for example:
luarocks build  https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tuxd3v...0.rockspec

Then stop fanctl service( to be sure that its not another instance running.. )
service fanctl stop

then, start it in test mode:
/usr/sbin/fanctl --test

or

/usr/sbin/fanctl -t

regards
Came back today to work on it and everything is now working.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PWM Fan Control Python Script superbox 0 1,268 02-04-2022, 10:02 PM
Last Post: superbox