Flashing H96 Max firmware with Ayufan's kernel
Hello everyone!
Some time ago there was a thread on how to get an Android version with status bar and nav bar.
However the thread was deleted probably by the user.
He posted some directions on how to flash the file and provided the link.
Here is it
https://mega.nz/#!lBABFYrQ!l1gZA3eTGx_Wx...C35LEIx52g
Unfortunately as the thread was deleted I don't remember the steps needed to flash the rom

I tried the following 
1.Booted the ROCK64 board into MASKROM (using jumper as required) (tried booting while pressing recovery button as well. no jumper used in that case)
2. Removed the jumper.
3. As there are multiple files in the folder I selected the MiniLoaderAll.bin and pressed Upgrade.

I always get the following

As I have an Odroid XU4 as well I use a EMMC module from Hardkernel. 
I read in some posts that the Hardkernel EMMC is compatible. 

Has anyone tried flashing this version of Android?

Am I doing something wrong?
I deleted my thread because no one who tried is intelligent enough for this...
Braindead420
Well many people are still learning.
Also you provided probably the only solution for the people who want to get a working Android with navbar and statusbar.
The existing roms are almost unusable with touchscreens.

I tried a couple of methods.
Selected the bin file from Upgrade firmware and manually added each file from download image.

In this case the I managed to write the image but the device stuck on booting screen.
I saw there there was no Recovery.img file in the folder? Should I use another one or it is not required?
Dont do drugs...
fender90, go to the 'Download Image' tab, and insert the individual bits and pieces into their respective places. Currently you're trying to flash the loader as if it were an image.

Braindead420, stupid comment.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(08-27-2018, 03:27 AM)Luke Wrote: fender90, go to the 'Download Image' tab, and insert the individual bits and pieces into their respective places. Currently you're trying to flash the loader as if it were an image.

Braindead420, stupid comment.

Luke thanks for your reply.
I did so. The image was successfully flashed but the board stuck on the "Rock64" bootanimation screen. I waited for 40 minutes but nothing changed.
Will try again. maybe I'm missing something.
Also I noticed that there was no recovery.img in the downloaded files. Isn't it required for successful booting

Braindead420 thanks for the files but that doesn't give you the right to be a rude a***ole. I didn't insult you. Please stay polite.
By the way I found that Libre Computers ROC Renegade uses RK3328 just like as Rock64 and has Android 7.1 support. Has anyone ever tired to flash this version of Android on Rock64?

http://share.loverpi.com/board/libre-com...e/android/

Judging by this video it has a regular version of Android
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnHyKlEjnPY

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest Android Build and associated kernel source Vasant 4 6,272 08-20-2019, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Vasant
Exclamation Flashing Libre Computer ROC-RK3328-CC rom to ROCK64 fender90 0 2,477 11-26-2018, 08:08 AM
Last Post: fender90
  Compiling android kernel ddaarrius 2 3,749 06-13-2018, 03:26 AM
Last Post: ddaarrius
  Flashing rockchip 'update' images on Linux Luke 0 1,998 05-04-2018, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Luke
  What are the diferences between ayufan-rock64 android-7.1 releases IlmarsM 2 4,500 04-26-2018, 07:54 AM
Last Post: IlmarsM
  Flashing problems USB -> eMMC adaptor pinerock 3 3,634 02-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Luke
  Mpeg2 playback broken in Android 0.3.6 firmware in Kodi Blinky 1 2,486 10-05-2017, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Blinky
  Android Kernel Config Vasant 2 4,117 09-06-2017, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Vasant